VIT Master's Entrance Examination Admission to MCA / M.TECH Programmes (2013 -14)
VIT University, Vellore invites applications from eligible candidates for admission to the various PG courses for the Academic Year 2013-2014. The candidates will be selected based on the performance in VIT Master's Entrance Examination 2013 which will be conducted on 8th and 9th June, 2013.
PG Courses offered in VIT
• Master of Computer Applications [MCA]
• Master of Technology [MTech]
Eligibility criteria for MCA in VIT 2013
• Candidates must have completed graduation from any recognized University with a minimum aggregate of 60% for MCA.
• Must possess good Record in X Std. and XII Std. is required.
• Final year Candidates are also eligible to apply.
• Must have completed their final year exams before the selection interview at VIT University.
Eligibility Criteria for various MTech Programs in VIT 2013
Automotive Engineering Run in collaboration with Automotive Research Association of India, (ARAI), Pune:
BE / BTech Degree in Mechanical / Automobile / Production / Manufacturing Engineering or Mechatronics or any equivalent degree
Computer Aided Design / Computer Aided Manufacturing:
BE / BTech Degree in Mechanical / Automobile or Production Engineering or any equivalent degree
Energy and Environmental Engineering:
BE / BTech Degree in any branch of Engineerng & Technology / Biotechnology / Biochemical / MSc Environmental Science / Physics / Chemistry / Applied Sciences or any equivalent degree with Mathematics as one of the subjects in Higher Secondary level
BE / BTech Degree in Mechanical / Automobile or Production Electrical & Electronics / Electronics & Communication / Electronics & Instrumentation / Instrumentation & Control / Computer Science / Information Technology / Mechatronics or any equivalent degree
BE / BTech Degree in Mechanical / Production / Manufacturing / Automobile Engineering or any equivalent degree
BE / BTech Degree in Civil Engineering / Civil & Structural Engineering or any equivalent degree
Information Technology (Networking) / Software Technology:
BE / BTech Degree in any branch / MS / MSc Computer Science or Information Technology or Software Engineering / MCA or any other equivalent degree with valid GATE score in Computer Science
BE / BTech Degree in ECE / EEE / E&I / MSc Physics with Spl. In Electronics / Material Science / Solid State Physics / BTech Nanotechnology / MSc Nanotechnology / or any equivalent degree
BE / BTech Degree in Electrical / Electronics / EEE / ECE / Telecommunication, E&I / Computer Sciences* (* Bridge course needed) MSc Physics with Electronics spl. / Electronics or any equivalent degree
Sensor System Technology:
BE / BTech Degree in EEE / ECE / E&I / CSE / Instrumentation & Control / MSc Physics with Electronics / Electronics or any equivalent degree
VLSI Design (Very Large Scale Integrated Design):
BE / BTech Degree in Electrical / Electronics / EEE / ECE / E&I / MSc Physics with Electronics / Electronics or any equivalent degree
Automotive Electronics in collaboration with TIFAC‐CORE industry partners:
BE / BTech Degree in ECE / Telecommunication / CSE / EIE / IT / EEE / Mechatronics or any equivalent degree
Power Electronics and Drives:
BE / BTech Degree in Electrical / Electronics / EEE / ECE / E&I or any equivalent degree
Computer Science and Engineering:
BE / BTech Degree in any branch / MS / MSc Computer Science or IT or Software Engineering / MCA or any other equivalent degree with valid GATE score in Computer Science
BE / BTech Degree in Chemical/Leather Technology / Biotechnology / Industrial Biotechnology / Bio-chemical / Bio-Medical / Bio-Informatics or a Bachelor's Degree in Pharmacy or MSc Degree in Biochemistry / Biotechnology / Microbiology / Bio‐Physics / Biology / Botany / Zoology / Genetics / MBBS / MSc (Ag) & MVSc.
BE / BTech Degree in Bio‐Medical Engg / Bio-Medical Instrumentation / Medical Electronics / ECE / EIE / Biotechnology / Bio-Informatics / MSc in Biophysics / Electronics / Physics / Bio-Medical Sciences / Bioinformatics or MBBS / Degree in Physiotherapy / Occupational therapy of 4 years degree programme.
Admission Procedure for MCA MTech 2013 programs in VIT
• Admission is based on the performance in VITMEE conducted by VIT University.
• Short-listed candidates will be called for an interview.
Pattern of VITMEE 2013 Question Paper
• Computer based test (CBT) question Paper consists of 110 questions with a maximum of 100 marks.
• No negative marks for wrong answers.
Application Procedure for VITMEE 2012
The Candidates can apply online at the official website of VIT www.vit.ac.in/vitmee . The candidates can send the applications through either Registered Post or Speed Post.
Documents to be produced at the time of VITMEE 2013 Interview
• Admit Card of the Entrance Examination
• X and XII Std. Marks statement
• Mark Sheets of all semesters till final year as applicable
• Qualifying Degree / Provisional Certificate
• Transfer Certificate obtained from the Institute last studied
• Valid GATE score card for Candidates applying for M.Tech.
• Service Certificate issued by the Employer. (For sponsored candidates - for M.Tech. Programmes only)
• Community Certificate (for all categories except OC/General).
• DEMAND DRAFT for `10,000, drawn in favour Of "VIT University", payable at Vellore.
VITMEE Test Centres
Bangalore, Bhopal, Chennai, Chandigarh, Coimbatore, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kochi, Kolkata, Lucknow, Madurai, Nagpur, New Delhi, Patna, Pune, Vellore, Vijayawada.
Important Dates for VITMEE 2013
Last Date to Apply Online for VITMEE Application form: 15th May 2013
Last Date for Receipt of VITMEE Application form: 18th May 2013
VIT Masters Entrance Examination: 8th & 9th June 2013
Declaration of Result : On or before 14th June 2013
Interview / Counselling (will be held at Vellore & Chennai)
MCA: 24th June 2013
MTech Automotive Engineering: 24th June 2013
Other MTech Programmes: 25th & 26th June 2013