IPL 6 in Chennai
Sri Lankan player, umpires and any staffs will not be allowed to play in Chennai chepak stadium said IPL officials. Tamil Nadu CM J.Jeyalalitha forwarded a letter to PM Mr.Manmohan Singh stating that only if the Sir Lankan players should be banned to play in IPL 6 matches in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. She cautioned if not "I will book case against IPL 6". Finally IPL officials along with central government decided to not allow Sri Lankan players in Chennai stadium matches. Totally 10 matches were scheduled at Chennai Chepak ground.
Sri Lankan players banned list
(1) Sri Lankan players in Chennai Super Kings (CSK) - Nuwan Kulasekara and Akila Denanjaya
(2) Sri Lankan players in Delhi Daredevils (DD) - Mahela Jayawardene and Jeevan Mendis
(3) Sri Lankan players in Kolkotta Knight Riders (KKR) - Sachithra Senanayake
(4) Sri Lankan players in Pune Warriors - Ajantha Mendis and Angelo Mathews
(5) Sri Lankan players in Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) - Muttiah Muralitharan and Thillakaratne Dilshan
(6) Sunrisers Hyderabad - Kumar Sangakara and Thilsara Perera
(7) Mumbai Indians - Lasith Malinga
(8) Rajastan Royals - Perera
Sri Lanka players banned reason
There is problem between Tamil Nadu and Sri Lanka for Tamil Eelam. Sri Lanka has two kinds of people - Sri Lankans and Tamil speaking Sri Lankans. Tamil speaking Sri Lankans were asking for separate government and their land. This separate government and land was notified as Tamil Eelam. This problem persist over 20 years. There Mr.Prabakaran formed a group called LTTE to form isolated government. A few years back Mr.Prabakaran and his LTTE formation was destroyed by Sri Lankan army. After this issue Sri Lankan army are disturbing Tamil speaking Sri Lankan civilians like abusing women, killing them unnecessarily. This event caused anger to Tamilans (Tamil Nadu) and they are supporting to provide separate government for Tamil Eelam. This issue caused hatred towards Sri Lankans in Tamil Nadu.