What you need? - The Ingredients
Yam chopped about 1 cup
Fried gram ¼ cup
Ginger garlic paste ½ spoon
Chilli powder ½ spoon
Salt to taste
Coriander leaves for garnishing
Oil to fry
How to make? - The method
• Chop the yam into pieces and pressure cook the yam.
• Add fried gram to the boiled yam and mix it well to make it into a paste.
• To this add chopped coriander leaves, salt, chilli powder, ginger garlic paste and mix it thoroughly.
• Roll them into balls or into desired shapes of your choice.
• Add oil to a frying pan and fry them until golden brown.
• Your yam tikki is ready to be served.
Nutrient value of yam
• Yam is a good source of energy. It contains carbohydrates and soluble fibre. The fibre in yam helps to reduce constipation and decreses bad cholesterol levels.
• They are rich in vitamin B that helps regulate various metabolic functions. I.t is rich in vitamin B1 and B6
• It is also rich in vitamin C. Vitamin C has important roles in antiaging, wound healing and bone growth.
• It is also rich in minerals such as copper, calcium, potassium, iron, manganese, and phosphorus. Potassium controls blood pressure and heart rate. Copper and iron helps in the production of RBCs. manganese