What you need? - The Ingredients
Yam chopped about 1 cup
Fried gram ¼ cup
Ginger garlic paste ½ spoon
Chilli powder ½ spoon
Salt to taste
Coriander leaves for garnishing
Oil to fry
How to make? - The method
• Chop the yam into pieces and pressure cook the yam.
• Add fried gram to the boiled yam and mix it well to make it into a paste.
• To this add chopped coriander leaves, salt, chilli powder, ginger garlic paste and mix it thoroughly.
• Roll them into balls or into desired shapes of your choice.
• Add oil to a frying pan and fry them until golden brown.
• Your yam tikki is ready to be served.
Nutrient value of yam
• Yam is a good source of energy. It contains carbohydrates and soluble fibre. The fibre in yam helps to reduce constipation and decreses bad cholesterol levels.
• They are rich in vitamin B that helps regulate various metabolic functions. I.t is rich in vitamin B1 and B6
• It is also rich in vitamin C. Vitamin C has important roles in antiaging, wound healing and bone growth.
• It is also rich in minerals such as copper, calcium, potassium, iron, manganese, and phosphorus. Potassium controls blood pressure and heart rate. Copper and iron helps in the production of RBCs. manganese
No responses found. Be the first to comment...