The Ingredients - Dahi Brinjal
• Garlic ginger paste 1 teaspoon
• Garam masala 1 teaspoon
• Coriander powder 1 and ½ teaspoon
• Jeera powder 1 teaspoon
• Turmeric powder A pinch
• Curd 1 cup
• Gram flour 2 spoon
• Onions ½ cup (finely chopped)
• Green chillies 4 nos
• Coriander leaves for garnishing
• Salt to taste
• Oil to fry
Method to Dahi Brinjal
• Chop the brinjals vertically.
• Add ginger garlic paste, garam masala powder, coriander powder, jeera powder, turmeric powder and salt to the chopped brinjals and mix this well.
• Leave it aside for 5 minutes.
• Add oil in a frying pan. To this add the chopped onions, green chillies and the coriander leaves and fry till the onion is golden brown.
• To the onion, add the Brinjal paste and fry this too.
• Mix gram flour and curd with 2 cups of water and add this to the brinjal paste in the frying pan. Allow it to boil.
• To a small frying pan, add oil. Then add red chillies, jeera and asafoetida.
• Add this to the dahi brinjal and garnish it with coriander leaves.
• Now our Dahi Brinjal is ready to serve.
Nutrient value of Brinjal
• Brinjal is low in calories and fats but rich in soluble fiber.
• It also controls high blood cholesterol.
• Brinjal contains anthocyanins. Anthocyanins fight against cancer, aging, inflammation, and neurological diseases.
• It contains vitamin B5, vitamin B6, vitamin B1 and vitamin B3.
• It is also a good souce of minerals such as manganese, copper, iron and potassium.