Live online streaming of Thiruvannamalai Maha Karthigai Deepam 2012
Karthigai Deepam is one of the famous festivals of Tamilnadu which is celebrated on November 27, 2012 (Tuesday). Thiruvannamalai Maha Deepam is one of the most awaited deepam by the devotees which will be lighted on top of 2668 ft holy mountain on the auspicious day of deepam.
Read more about Karthigai Deepam Festival here!
Thiruvannamalai Maha Deepam 2012
Thiruvannamalai is considered as one of the most holy places by the people of Tamilnadu and the hindus all over the world. The Maha deepam can be seen by the devotees at around 6 pm on top of the hill. This deepam is lighted using nearly 3500 kgs of Ghee and this can be seen around a radius of 35 km. The Thiruvannamalai mountain is considered as Shiva Lingam. Approximately more than a lakh of devotees or bhaktarkal will undergo Girivalam of Thiruvannamalai hill, i.e., circle around the holy hill and get the blessings of the Lord Sri Arthanareeshwara.
Timings of Bharani Deepam: lit at early morning in the Temple
Timings of Kiruthikai Natchathiram: 12.50 pm (27th afternoon) to 3.25 pm (28th afternoon)
Thiruvannamalai Karthigai Deepam Festival 2012 Schedule
The 10 Day Tiruvannamalai Brahmotsavam Peruvizha Dates Timing Festival Schedule are as follows:
18 November 2012 - Sunday
- Morning - Panchamurthigal Velli (Silver) Vimanam
- Evening - Velli Adhikara Nandi, Velli Hamsa Vahanam
19 Nov 2012 - Monday
- Morning - Sri Chandrasekarar in Suriya Prabha Vahanam (Sun)
- Evening - Velli Indira Vimanam
20 November, 2012 - Tuesday
- Morning - Sri Chandrsekarar Bootha Vahanam - 1008 Sangabhishekam
- Evening - Simha Vahanam, Velli Anna Vahanam
21 Nov 2012 - Wednesday
- Morning - Sri Chandrsekarar in Naga Vahanam
- Evening - Velli Karpaga Vruksham, Velli Kamadhenu Vaganam
22 November, 2012 - Thursday
- Morning - Sri Chandrasekarar in Kannadi (Glass) Rishaba Vahanam
- Velli Rishaba Vahanam (Eve)
23 November 2012 - Friday
- Morning - 63 Nayanmargal Vimanangal, Chandrasekarar Velli Yaanai Vahanam
- Evening - Velli Ratham
24 Nov 2012 - Saturday
- Maha Ratham Therottam (Morning)
25-11-2012 - Sunday
- Morning - Sri Chandrasekarar Velli Vimanam
- 4 pm - Thanga Meruvil Pichandavar Urchavam;
- Panchamurthigal in Guthirai (Horse) Vahanam
26-11-2012 - Monday
- Morning - Sri Chandrasekarar in Kannadi (Glass) Vimanam
- Evening - Kailasa Vahanam, Kamadhenu Vaaganam
27 November 2012 - Thursday -
- Morning - 4 am - Bharani Deepam
- Afternoon - Theerthavari in Brahma Theertham
- Evening - 6 pm - Maha Deepam; Panchamurthigal in Golden Vimanam
Other Temples celebrating Karthigai Deepam Festival 2012
1. Thiruparangundram Deepam Festival: Lord Muruga Pattabhishekam will be held in In Thiruparangundram, Swamimalai.
2. Special Abhishekams, flower decorations, Chandana Kappu, Alankarams, Deeparadhanai will be done in all the Lord Muruga temples. Important temples are as follows:
-Vadapalani Murugan Temple
-Kanda Kottam in Sowcarpet
and the list goes on...
3. In the evening Chokapaanai will be lit in almost all the temples in Tamilnadu.
4. Traditional lamp decorations, Kolams, and lamps will be seen in all Temples, Houses, shops, ponds, mountains, etc., in Tamilnadu.nerally on all Krithigai Nakshatra, special Pujas will be done to Lord Muruga. Krithikai Nakshathram in Kaarthigai month (Nov-Dec) comes in Pournami (Full Moon Day).
Check the below link to watch Thiruvannamalai Deepam Online: