Tamilnadu Diwali Sweet Adhirasam Recipe
Adhirasam is one of the traditional sweets which is prepared at the time of Diwali. This is the special offering given to the Goddess named Parvathi on the pooja called as Kethara Gowri Vratham. This is not an easy to make sweet and it needs lots of attention and concentration. The important thing in making of the adhirasam is the paagu consistency. If you get this then you will get the tasty adhirasam.
Ingredients for making Traditional Sweet Adhirasam
Raw rice - 4 cups
Jaggery - ½ Kilo
Milk - ½ cup
Ghee : ½ cup
Oil : as needed
Dried ginger powder : 2 tsp
Cardamom powder : ½ tsp
Method for making Diwali Adhirasam
1. Wash the raw rice and soak in water for 2 hours.
2. Now dry the rice in shadow and grind it in a mixie.
3. Take a heavy bottomed vessel and then add jaggery in ½ cup of water and boil till you get a syrup.
4. You should get a consistency in which if you take a spoon of syrup and put in water you might be able to roll like a ball.
5. When you get this consistency remove from fire and add ginger powder and cardamom.
6. Next add the powdered rice and mix well.Add milk if the dough is thick.
7. Heat oil in a frying pan and add the required oil. Always keep in a medium flame. Now spread a plastic paper or plantain leaf smear ghee take a ball of the prepared dough and flatten it.
8. You can prepare the whole dough like this.
9. Now fry this in oil and remove the excess oil immediately.
You can use a adhirasam kattai for draining oil.
Now the Adhirasam is ready to be served.
No responses found. Be the first to comment...