An Introduction to Southern Railways
Indian railways are one of the largest railways in the world. It has a wide area covered and has its network spread to almost all the part of the country and in this one of the most important network that is giving more income is the Southern railways. The Southern railways are doing a good role in the Indian economy and it is a noteworthy thing that it is also employing many people thus supporting our nation from the evil effects like unemployment to a large extend.
The Southern railways has some major stations to its name like Thiruchirapalli, Chennai Egmore, Chennai Central, Madurai, Palghat, Salem, Madurai and many more. The trains from the Chennai connect to various parts of the country like Assam, Delhi, Mumbai and Kanyakumari. There is a very large Railway factory that is established in the Perambur Chennai known as the Integral Coach factory that is very famous and has employed more than 1300 employees till last year.
Reports of the survey with reference to Chennai Beach to Tambaram
There was a recent survey that was taken where there were many things that was to be checked for so as to satisfy the need of the passengers. It was a big list and the list has been forwarded to the required departments hope there are some changes in the timings and the availability of the trains that seem to be the major mode of transport for the people of Chennai. The reports from the public stated that there should be some extra trains that should run between the stations in the morning time.
Nanganallur Traffic and transportation department made the survey to find the mindset of the passengers who are using the trains from various stations like Parangimalai, Pazhavanthangal, Pallavaram, Chrompet and Tambaram. The needs of the people were as follows according to the survey.
1. All the trains in the route should have 12 coaches instead of 9 or 11 coaches that are regularly available.
2. All the Railway stations should have some watch cameras so that mischievous act of the people can be prevented and it would also be an advantage so as to stop any kind of criminal activities.
There should be trains for every three minutes between the stations Tambaram to Beach so that the passengers could be more benefitted as it is one of the most traffic affected areas during the mornings.
3. The Railways should stop the advertisements that are running in the trains. It is one of the new methods by which the trains are facilitated with some flashing advertisements that look like marquee in the computer.
4. In the place where the advertisements are running there should be the information of the next platform so that the people can know where they are and can be benefited by knowing the stop clearly even in immense crowd.
5. There are many stations like Pazhavanthangal, Parangimalai, Pallavaram, and Chrompet where the cement benches are not covered with shade hence these cement benches should be covered by the roofs like the other well equipped stations in the city.
6. They also said that there are many main stations in the city like Pazhavanthangal, Meenambakkam, Thirisulam, Pallavaram, and Chrompet where there are no railway police at night and this should be corrected by placing some police even at night times so that crimes can be controlled and the passengers may be free from problems.
7. They also said that the counters in the railway stations like Parangimalai has to be changed totally and the platform in which the people can enter the stations are covered with vehicles and the railways should take proper steps to remove them from there instead proper vehicle stands should be arranged. They also asked for some cut service trains in the morning connecting between Parangimalai and Beach.
8. In the station of Palavanthangal there are no bathrooms, Dustbins and this makes more than unclean situation there in this stop and hence these things should be developed in order to give more importance to cleanliness in the station as there are many diseases that are spreading easily among the public. They also said that the platforms seem to be dark soon and there are no proper lighting facilities available there in the station.
9. The Meenambakkam Railway station has no proper underground platform facility and it is not having the lighting facilities. This is one of the most important stations in the city and they have to be properly maintained but it is not done so. The railways should take proper steps in order to build this station with all the facilities that are essential.
10. There are accidents happening often in the Chrompet Railway stations entrance and so there should be underground passage or proper over bridge build so that the passengers would not be affected by any accidents and in addition to that proper dustbins has to be build too in these stations.
11. There should be many counters that have to be build so that the people would be satisfied. Though there are some ticket counters available there at the peak hours there are many passengers who are waiting to get their tickets. But this situation has to be changed as there are many people who are suffering from this. The platform in the Tambaram station is very slippery and it is difficult to walk there at rainy seasons that are sometimes dangerous.
No responses found. Be the first to comment...