The Indian Railway services in Tamil Nadu and other states
India has the largest population and it comes second in the world's population strength. The traveling of the Indian people from one place to another place becomes a challenging task today. The Indian Railway is taking very important role in the transportation of India. The maximum people of India are prefer the travel by train due to its safety. But the Indian Railways lacks in the safety measures. Even though the Indian Railway has the largest employes to do services for the people those who are travel in train and it is several years behind in the world wide standards of safety measures. The train accident are become quite common today in India. There are several train accidents happens in India. Two days back, The Tamil Nadu Express (Chennai to New Delhi) got fire accident at Nellore in Andra Pradesh and 32 people were died and many people got injury. This shows the inability in services and lacking in the safety measures of the Indian railways. The Indian railway generates huge amount in crores as its revenue annually but it spends a little amount for the welfare of people in traveling in terms of their safety.
The Indian rail accidents and the reasons for the accident
There are many rail accidents happened in India for the past twenty years and thousands of people were died by this accident in various states. The various reasons for the rail accident are listed below.
1. Many people in India had died while passing the level crossing of rail rout. Many level crossing in India has no man to watch it. This is the main reason for the accident at railway level crossing.
2. The second major rail accidents are happened by the trains on same track collide with each other. This mistakes are happened by the careless of the respective authorities.
3. The next reason for the train accident is the fire on the coach. This mostly happens by electrical connection and carrying flammable goods in train. There should be fire preventing equipment in trains. But many trains today doesn't have adequate fire-fighting measures in it.
4. The problems in the emergency exit is also one reason for the loss of human life. In many trains, the emergency exit window is not working well and they are jammed. So, the people could not escape through this way while the train get fire.
5. The next reason is that the bomb blast in the train. The most bomb blast in the trains are happened due to the poor security measures in it.
6. The problems and the stones in the track is also reason for the train accidents. The watching and cleaning the track is an important duty that avoids many accident.
The actions requested to avoid the train accidents in India
1. The railway department should ensure the safety travel to every people who are traveling in the train. The adequate fire preventive equipment should be fixed in all coaches and take care of electrical lines inside the coach.
2. The security measures by means of appointing persons in crossing should be implemented in the railway level crossing.
3. The maintenance of coach is important to ensure the working of emergency exit in the train.
4. The new technology can be implemented and preventive measures should be taken to avoid bomb blast.
5. In this way, The railway can protect the travelers from accident that happens in India frequently.
6. The help line numbers can be placed in all the places to get help when accidents occurs.