Varalakshmi Pooja Recipe Paruppu Payasam with Cocunut Milk
Varalakshmi Pooja is celebrated on 27th July 2012 on the Tamil month Aadi. This is a very important festival for every women either married or unmarried. They worship the lord for the health of their husbands. Paruppu payasam is one of the important recipe which is offered as Neivaidyam for the Goddess Varalakshmi. This is a traditional old recipe which is prepared in all the tamil houses.
Ingredients for making Paruppu Payasam
Grated Cocunut - 1 Cup
Moong dhal - 3 tbsp
Raw Rice - 5 tbsp
Jaggery - 1/2 Cup
Fresh Cardamom finely ground
Ghee - 1 teaspoon
Method for making Paruppu Payasam
1. Fry the moongdhal till you get a good aroma, mix this with raw rice and pressure cook by adding required amount of water.
2. Now to the above mixture add finely powdered jaggery and add water if required.
3. Allow this to boil and keep in low flame for 5 minutes till everything gets blended.
4. Prepare coconut milk meanwhile and add this to the above mixture.
5. Allow till it boils for 1 minute.
6. Now the sweet Paruppu payasam is ready for pooja.
No responses found. Be the first to comment...