Chettinad Ponnanganni Keerai Koottu Recipe
Ponnanganni Keerai is a Keerai or greens variety which has got high medicinal values. The word Ponnanganni means it makes the body to glow like gold. This is a traditional keerai recipe of Tamilnadu which is cooked in regions such as Chettinad where it grows in abundant. This keerai can be cooked as a kootu or as a porial. Some of the health benefits of Ponnanganni Keerai are as follows:
• Stimulates weight gain
• Imparts golden glow to the skin
• Cools the body
• increases production of breast milk
• improves the function of the liver
• good for the eyes
Ingredients for making Tamilnadu Keerai Recipe Ponnanganni Keerai Koottu
Ponnanganni keerai – 3 cups (finely cut)
Homemade Chilli powder-1 tsp
Thoor dhal- 3 to 4 tbsps
Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
Mustard seeds-1 tsp
Urad dhal-1 tsp
Procedure for making Tamil recipe Ponnanganni Keerai Koottu
1. Pressure cook the dhal with turmeric powder.
2. Heat oil in a kadai add mustard seeds and urad dal and wait till it turns golden brown, now add the chillies, onions, garlic and tomato.
3. Next add the finely chopped keerai and fry for few minutes.
4. Transfer the above contents to the pressure cooker which contains the cooked dhal, add salt and chilli powder and close the cooker and cook for 5 minutes or for 1 whistle.
5. Now the Ponnanganni Keerai Koottu is ready to be served with white rice. Add ghee to increase the taste of the content.
No responses found. Be the first to comment...