Statistical data on Tamilnadu census 2011 for Household Amenities and Assets in Tamilnadu
Tamilnadu census 2011 and household amenitites data collection was started in the year 2010. Around 1.2 lakh persons were appointed to collect the information and the process got over by this year. Mr Gopalakrishnan, Director of Census Operations, Tamilnadu had released the statistical data which shows that Tamilnadu had performed well in the past 10 years in all the departments. Below are the statistical highlights of Tamilnadu census 2011.
• The current population in Tamilnadu is 1 crore and 85 lakhs. In 2001 the population in Tamilnadu was 1 crore and 42 lakhs.
• Joint family system had slowly decreased during the years and the individual household family stood at around 75% of the total population.
• Out of the total household in Tamilnadu 44% were concrete houses, 21% were mud houses, 15% live in thatch houses nad 63% household have concrete floors.
This is a marked improvement when compared to 2001 were 33% were mud houses, 26% lived in thatch houses and 55% household had concrete floors.
• In water facility department 79.8% have wells and tap connection. Of these, 35% household have tap connection inside their houses for drinking water facility, Still 7% of the people walk nearly half a kilometer to fetch drinking water. This was nearly 12% in 2001.
• 64% household have bathrooms inside their houses. 50% have got seweage connection to their houses.
• Still 53% use outside latrine which is a marginal improvement from 64% in 2001. 48.3% household have latrine and bathrooms constructed inside their houses.
• 93.4% have electricity facility for their houses. 7% does not have electricity connection for their houses. In 2001 household having electricity facility were 78.2%.
• Households having television is 87% when compared to 44% in 2001. This is almost double the number which increased mainly because of the freebies announced by the political parties to win elections.
• 11% households have computer facility, 48% have gas connection, 32% have two wheelers and 4% have 4 four wheeler facility. Still 45% use cycle as their mode of transport.
• 75% household have telephone connection of which 69% were mobile phone connection.
This statistics does not seems to be cover all aspects as still we can see many people dwelling on the platforms and road paths. Households having latrine facility in their houses in only around 50%. This should improve in order to have a clean Tamilnadu in the future. Lots of improvement should be done in all departments and hope to see a better Tamilnadu in 2021 when the next census data will be done.
No responses found. Be the first to comment...