How to make Traditional Tamilnadu Kathirikai Gothsu
Kathirikai Gothsu (Kathirikai Kothsu) is one of the traditional side-dish recipe of Tamilnadu which is served with Traditional breakfast items like Idli, Dosa, Pongal, Uthappam and Idiappam. A combination of healthy vegetables like brinjals, potatoes, etc., are used for making this Gothsu. Try this breakfast side-dish recipe as a substitute of the usual side-dishes like sambar, chutney and Podi.
Ingredients to make Kathirikai Gothsu or Brinjal kothsu
Brinjal - 6
Potato - 1 big one ( 125 grams)
Tomato – 4
Moong dal – ½ cup
Onion - 2
Green chilies - 5
A pinch of Turmeric Powder
Mustard seeds – 1/2 a teaspoon
Urad dal – ½ tsp
A sprig of Curry leaves
A bunch of Coriander leaves
Oil as required
Salt as required
Method for making Kathirikai Gothsu
1. Chop onions, green chilies, potatoes, brinjals and tomatoes into small pieces.
2. Add this diced vegetables along with moong dal in a pressure cooker with 1 ½ cups of water and cook for 2 whistles.
3. Now open the cooker and blend the contents with a blender.
4. Season this with mustard seeds, urad dal, curry leaves and coriander leaves.
5. Serve hot with your favorite breakfast.