IRCTC - Online Reservation
Now a days Train ticket reservation is easiest one. IRCTC provides online ticket reservation for all the trains across India. Everyone starts using of IRCTC services.
Even though IRCTC provides online reservation it has following drawbacks in cancellation of the tickets.
1) We can't cancel the tickets in any of the Railway reservation counters. We can cancel through IRCTC only. Cancellation is accepted 4 hrs before the scheduled departure time of the train in originating station.
2)Waitlist e-ticket is not valid for General compartment coaches and invalid after chart preparation where as the ticket reserved in Railway counter are valid for unreserved compartments. This is the major drawback of online reservation.
Because of the above drawback, people still rush to Railway counters for reservation.
The following Railway Reservation Counters are available in Chennai.
Reservation Counters in Chennai
Mon – Fri : 8 AM – 2 PM & 2:15 PM – 8 PM
Sunday : 8 AM – 2 PM
Chennaities can reserve the tickets in the following railway stations.
1. Avadi (Contact No : 26555408)
2. Anna Nagar (Contact No : 26631188)
3. Airport (Contact No : 22560551)
4. Besant Nagar (Contact No : 24901186)
5. Chennai Central (Contact No : 25353816)
6. Egmore (Contact No : 28194579)
7. Mambalam (Contact No : 24643755)
8. Mylapore (Contact No : 24954252)
9. Perambur (Contact No : 25510359)
10. Saidapet (Contact No : 24329970)
11. Tambaram (Contact No : 22365921)
12. Tiruvotiyur (Contact No : 25735314)
13. Beach Station (Contact No : 25234397)