Resources » Education » Tamilnadu Schools / Colleges
Top 10 medical colleges in Tamilnadu 2012
Getting seats in medical is demanding task. Students who scored heavy marks miss the best college due to inadequate knowledge about the college. This ranking may help you to choose the best college and shine in medical career.
List of Government and Private Medical colleges in Tamilnadu
Medical colleges in Tamilnadu ranks top in number and standard while considering whole India. There are 40 (both Government and private) medical college in Tamilnadu. Most of the medical graduates in India belong to Tamilnadu. Now Tamilnadu Government has planned to increase the number of medical college so that many students can able to get medical graduate. Below you can find the list of all medical colleges in Tamilnadu district wise.
Medical College in Chennai
1. A.C.S. Medical College and Hospital
2. Cancer Institute, College of Oncological Sciences
3. Dr. A.L.M. PG Institute of Basic Medical Sciences
4. Kilpauk Medical College
5. Madras Medical College and Research Institute
6. Sankara Nethralaya Medical Research Foundation
7. Sree Balaji Medical College and Hospital
8. Sri Ramachandra Medical College and Research Institute
9. SRM Medical College Hospital and Research Centre
10. Stanley Medical College
Medical college in Coimbatore
1. Coimbatore Medical College
2. P.S.G. Institute of Medical Sciences and Research
Medical colleges in Kanchipuram
1. Chettinad Hospital & Research Institute, Kanchipuram
2. Meenakshi Medical College and Research Institute, Enathur, Kanchipuram
3. Saveetha Medical College and Hospital, Kanchipuram
4. Shri Satya Sai Medical College and Research Institute, Kancheepuram
5. SRM Medical College Hospital & Research Centre, Kancheepuram
Medical colleges in other districts
1. Annapoorna Medical College & Hospital, Salem
2. Chengalpattu Medical College, Chengalpet
3. Chennai Medical College Hospital and research centre, Trichy
4. Christian Medical College, Vellore
5. Dhanalakshmi Srinivasan Medical College and Hospital, Perambalur
6. Government Dharamapuri Medical College, Dharmapuri
7. Government Vellore Medical College, Vellore
8. K A P Viswanathan Government Medical College, Trichy
9. Kanyakumari Government Medical College, Kanyakumari
10. Karpaga Vinayaga Institute of Medical Sciences , Madurantakam
11. Madurai Medical College, Madurai
12. Melmaruvathur Adiparasakthi Instt. Medical Sciences and Research, Melmaruvathur
13. Mohan Kumaramangalam Medical College, Salem
14. Perunthurai Medical College and Institute of Road Transport, Perundurai
15. Rajah Muthiah Medical College, Annamalainagar, Chidambaram
16. Sree Mookambika Institute of Medical Sciences, Kanyakumari
17. Thanjavur Medical College, Thanjavur
18. Theni Government Medical College, Theni
19. Thiruvarur Govt. Medical College, Thiruvarur
20. Thoothukudi Medical College, Thoothukudi
21. Tirunelveli Medical College, Tirunelveli
22. Villupuram Medical Cololege, Villupuram
23. Vinayaka Missions Kirupananda Variyar Medical College, Salem
Top 10 medical Colleges in Tamilnadu
Here you can find the rating by the highest cut off marks filled in all medical college on previous year 2011. Previous year the students entered medical college scored maximum of 200 cut off marks and minimum of 196 cut off marks. So the students who need to enter medical college must have a minimum of 196 as their medical cut off mark. The cut off marks given in the below content refers to the previous year 2011 Medical admission marks in which every college is filled. The cut off marks for the upcoming may vary very slightly.
Stanley Medical College, Chennai
SMC is the dream college for every medical student. By the survey made by India Today 2011 this college ranked 25th of all medical colleges in India. This is the oldest and finest medical college in Tamilnadu. It is a government college affiliated to The Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University. Getting admission in Stanley medical college is not an easy task. Only top rankers can get seats in this medical college. Admission is allowed for 85% from the state and 15% from national entrance exam. To get admission in college Tamilnadu students must score above 199.50 cut off mark.
Madras Medical College, Chennai
MMC the biggest competitor to Stanley Medical College. This college is located in Chennai and it is one of the oldest college in India. It scored 18th best college by the survey taken by India Today 2011. The courses in this college were affiliated to The Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University. In the year 2009 this college ranked as 6th best college in India. But the college rating is now falling down slowly. In India first female medical student graduated in this college. This college has secured 80 The Johnstone Medals. This medal is very prestigious for medical students awarded for their academic excellence. Students aimed to enter this college must score cut off marks above 199.
Coimbatore Medical College, Coimbatore
CMC is not so familiar in India. Getting seat in this college is more prestigious in Tamilnadu. This college is only 3Kms away from the railway junction. About 34 preclinical courses were available in this college. This college is established by the aid of former chief minister K.Kamarj. Many achievements such as AIEE rank holders and university gold medalist were generated by this college. This college shines in all cultural program that is conducted in Coimbatore. Minimum of 197.50 cut off marks is required to enter in this college.
Chengalpet Medical College, Chengalpet
Chengalpaet Medical college is the expected college after CMC. This college intakes 50 students for an academic year. They also shine in their PG courses like M.D.General Medicine, M.D.Obstetrics and Gynaecology, M.D.Paediatrics and M.D.Anaesthesiology. This college is best in their academics and cultural. Students with 197 cutoff were able to get seat in this college. Admission is opened for only 50 students for each academic year.
Kilpauk Medical College, Chennai
Kilpauk medical college is one of the best medical college in Chennai. Tamilnadu Directorate of Medical Education provides admission to 85% of students and 15% of the students were selected from National level entrance exam . Every year this college intakes 100 medical students. To get admission for PG programs one must write State level PG Entrance Exam or National level PG Entrance Exam. Cut off marks required to enter in Kilpak medical college is 197.
Madurai Medical College, Madurai
Madurai Medical College is the best medical college in southern part of Tamilnadu. This college is located at the center of Madurai district. This is one of the oldest college in Tamilnadu that provides good academics for medical students. This college intakes 150 students every academic year. This college rank 1st at southern medical colleges. MDUMC is attached to the Madurai government hospital. Department of Neurosurgery is famous in this college as this course is not available in many medical colleges. Famous hospital Rajaji government hospital is attached to this college. To get medical seat a student must score 196.50 cutt off marks in his higher secondary examination.
Govt. KAP Vishwanatham Medical College, Trichy
KAPVMC medical college is located in Trichy which is second best medical college in southern part of Tamilnadu. This college intakes 100 students every for UG course and 14 PG medical students. This college provides 5 PG courses namely M.D General Medicine, M.D Anaesthesiology, M.D Paediatrics, M.D O&G and M.S General Surgery. This college is attached to two institutions Rajaji Government T. B Hospital and Government College of Physiotherapy. Students can enroll themselves in Paramedical Certificate Courses such as Diploma in Medical Lab Technician, Emergency Care Technician, Respiratory Therapy Technician, Dialysis Technician, Anasthesia Technician, Theater Technicinan and Certified Radiological Assistant. Students with cut off marks 196 in their higher secondary examination can get seat in KAPVMC college without fail.
Kanyakumari Medical College, Kanyakumari
Students scored outstanding marks in their Higher secondary examination can get seats in KMC. This is third best medical college in southern part of Tamilnadu. Every year 50 students can get their MBBS seat. This college constantly receiving many awards by their academic excellence. This college is a government college recognized by Medical Council of India. The students who prefer to study in this college must gain 195.5 Cut off Marks in their HSC.
Thoothukudi Medical College, Thoothukudi
Tuticorin which is popularly known as pearl city is provides high class medical coaching. Admission will be available for 100 students in this college. This is a government college and is attached to Tuticorin government hospital. To get seats in this medical college a student must secure 195 cut off marks in HSC.
Tirunelveli Medical College, Tirunelveli
TMC or TvMC college is established in the year 1965. Every year 154 seats were available for counseling. The rating between Tirnelveli and Tuticorin medical college often changes. Most of the time Tirunelveli college tops with well scored students. This college is located exactly in palayamkottai which is nick named as Oxford of south India. This college also offers Postgraduate Medical Courses, Superspeciality Medical Courses and Paramedical Courses. Students who are capable of scoring 195 cut off marks can get their seat in this college.
Read related articles: medical colleges tamilnadu medical college reviews tamilnadu tamilnadu medical admissions
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
Active MembersTodayLast 7 Daysmore...