Traditional Tamilnadu Sweet Inippu Appam
Appam is a tasty traditional sweet recipe of Tamilnadu which is one among the important recipe prepared during the Karthigai Deepam Festival. This is a very simple and easy to make recipe which you can do and serve the lord on this special occassion.
Ingredients for making Karthigai deepam special Appam
Maida – 1 cup
Jaggery – 1/2 cup
Coconut bits – 2 tbsp (optional)
Cardamom – 3 pods
Oil for frying
Method of Preparation of Tamilnadu sweet recipe Appam
1.Take a heavy bottomed pan and add powdered jaggery along with water and heat on a medium flame till the jaggery melts.
2. Add the maida and powdered cardamom to the above mixture, add some water if the mixture is thick. Add the required quantity of water such that you should get thick dosa batter consistency.
3. Allow this to stand for an hour.
4. Now add the coconut bits and mix well.
5. Heat oil in a kadai in medium flame.
6. Pour the mixture in a ladle slowly and allow it to fry till golden brown.
Now the Appam is ready for the pooja, relish this tasty appam after you finish the pooja.
No responses found. Be the first to comment...