Special Recipe for Kara Kuzhambu
Kara Kulambu Aachi samayal in Tamil style is very famous for its excellent taste. Kara kuzhambu Recipe prepared Tamil Chettinad style is very delicious. Kara kuzhambu Recipe is prepared in almost all the states of Tamilnadu. The ingredients and the preparation method differ from state to state. Tourist visiting Tamilnadu never return back without tasting the two main Tamil kuzhambu recipes Kara kuzhambu and Vatha Kuzhambu. Here I have given the simple and delicious preparation of Kara kuzhambu Recipe in Tamil Nadu Style.
Ingredients Needed for Kathirikai Kara kuzhambu Recipe in Tamil Nadu Style
In Tamilnadu this recipe is called Kara kuzhambu or kara kulambu. Ready made kara kuzhambu powder is available in the market. If you use the hand made masala in your kitchen you will get the exact original taste of the recipe.
Kathirikai Kara Kuzhambu Recipe Ingredients
• 1/2 Cup Brinjal
• 2 big Onion
• 2 medium size Tomatoes
• 1tsp Garlic paste
• 1/4 Cup tamarind juice
• 1/4 Cup coconut milk
1/4 tsp Cumin seeds
• 1/4 tsp Mustard seeds
• Curry leaves as required
• a pinch of Turmeric powder
• 1 tsp Sambhar podi
• 1 tsp dal
• 1/2 tsp Black gram
• 1/2 tsp Fenugreek seeds
• 2 tsp Dry Chilli powder
• Salt as per taste
• Oil 50ml
Kathirikai kara kuzhambu recipe south Indian Preparation
This is chettinad kathirikai kara kuzhambu Samayal.
• This is simple predation of Kara kuzhambu recipe Tamil style.
First wash and make slices of onion and tomato.
• Cut into thin and wash the brinjal.
• Heat the oil in a thick bottomed vessel.
• Fry the black gram, dal and cumin seeds until they become golden brown colour.
• Grind these fried ingredients and make Kara Kuzhambu podi.
• Add little more oil and put the curry leaves, garlic paste and onion.
• Fry this for about 2 minutes and add the brinjal slices.
• Fry well and the brinjal becomes golden brown and add the tomatoes.
• Then add the chilli podi, turmeric and sambar power. Mix well.
• Then add the Tamarind juice, salt and water. Let it to boil for 10 minutes.
• Finally add the fried and powdered Dal mixture and coconut milk.
• Leave this for another 5 minutes in sim flame.
• The delicious Kathirikai Kara Kuzhambu recipe in Tamil style is ready.
The above method is Kara kuzhambu recipe coconut milk used but you can add thengai thuruval instead of coconut milk. Usually Kara Kuzhambu varieties are taste good with rice and Dosa combination. If you are not clear watch Kara kuzhambu recipe video first and then go for the preparation.
More articles: tamil recipe specials