JIPMER MBBS Eligibility Criteria
Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER) in Pondicherry is one of the most prestigious medical institutions in India. The medical entrance exams are conducted each and every year for admitting a new batch of students for the academic year. Only those students who qualify themselves in the test are eligible for admission in JIPMER. The pattern of the exam will be objective type with multiple choice answers and no negative marking. The selected candidates will have to take up a final interview and then the conselling process. The eligibility criteria for JIPMER MBBS entrance exam are briefed below.
Basic Eligibility for JIPMER MBBS
• The candidate must have passed in the higher secondary education with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks.
• For those candidates who come under any reservation category such as SC / ST / OBC / PD minimum of 40% marks is required.
• Must have studied English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology at the higher secondary level.
• Students who are in the final year and are going to appear in the higher secondary exam can also apply for the exam.
Who can apply for JIPMER MBBS?
JIPMER MBBS test can be taken up by all those Indian students who satisfy the above basic eligibility criteria. Foreign candidates will never be eligible to write the JIPMER MBBS test.
Age for JIPMER MBBS
Students whose age group is between 17 and 25 years are only eligible for JIPMER MBBS exams and no relaxation will be given.
Qualifying Examinations for JIPMER MBBS
• A pass in the Indian School Certificate examination or the higher / senior secondary examination or equivalent to 10+2 higher /senior secondary examination.
• The candidate must have passed in the above with Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Botany and Zoology and English in the last two years of their education.
• If the students have passed in any of the other qualifying exams mentioned above they should submit an eligibility certificate from Pondicherry University.
• Students who have appeared and awaiting for the results are also eligible for writing JIPMER MBBS exam.
Documents Required for JIPMER MBBS exam
The major documents required for JIPMER MBBS entrance exam are as follows:
• Pass certificate of the qualifying examination
• Statement of marks of the qualifying examination
• Age certificate showing the date of birth (Birth Certificate or X Std. Certificate)
• Character and Conduct certificate from the Head of the Institute last studied
• Residence certificate issued by Revenue Authority not below the rank of Tahsildar
• In case of SC/ST, a Community certificate, recently obtained from the competent authority – a Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tahsildar
• Transfer certificate from the Head of the Institution last studied
• In case of Pondicherry Residents, the Residence Certificate
• Medical Certificate in case of OPH Candidate.
Residence certificate issued by Revenue Authority not below the rank of Tahsildar
is mentioned as teh rqeuirement
Does it mean an son of an NRI parent cannot apply for this exam. The child is also studying abroad last 7 years