Culture and Festivals
Kollu Paruppu Chutney Recipe Easy Preparation
Posted Date: 14-Nov-2011
: 8 (
This is Kollu Paruppu Chutney Recipe Easy Preparation method. It is called horse gram in english. The varieties are prepared in kulambu, masiyal, podi, rasam and thuvaiyal. You can get the medical benefits from this recipe.
Kollu paruppu chutney
is a traditional dish prepared in all states of India especially in Tamilnadu. Without knowing the health benefits of Kollu some people says that it is the food for horse not human. kollu paruppu benefits are many and it is the best medicine for cold and cough. It is also used to reduce the body weight and cholesterol. This
is prepared in different names as mentioned below but the ingredients used are almost same for all preparations.
1. kollu paruppu kulambu in Coimbatore
2. kollu paruppu masiyal in Trichy
3. kollu paruppu chutney in Madurai
4. kollu paruppu podi in Erode
5. kollu paruppu thuvaiyal in Namakkal
Let's see the
Kollu paruppu chutney Recipe
Ingredients and Easy Preparation method.
Kollu Paruppu Chutney Ingredients
Kollu paruppu chutney Indian style
is very delicious especially south Indian preparation. Kollu paruppu chutney recipe needs the below ingredients.
• 1/2 Cup of Kollu (cleaned)
• 5 small onion
• 1 Tomato
• 1/2 tsp of Cumin seeds
• ¼ tsp turmeric powder
• 1/2 tsp of Coriander seeds
• 1 bunch curry leaves
• 5 dry red chilies
• mustard seeds as required
• 4 tsp of Oil
• Salt as per taste
Kollu Paruppu Chutney Preparation
• Clean and soak the good quality
five hours before the preparation time.
• Take a pressure cooker and put the Kollu paruppu, (horse gram) curry leaves, turmeric powder and oil.
• Then add 3 cups of water and close the lid. Let the cooker to get 8-10 whistles.
• Waite until the pressure gets released and take 1/2 amount of the water. This can be used for the preparation of
Kollu paruppu Rasam
• Meanwhile fry and grind the onion, tomato, curry leaves, red chilies, cumin seeds and coriander seeds.
• Then crush and grind the cooked Kollu paruppu horse gram by adding required amount of salt.
• Then mix the fried ground ingredients with the crushed Kollu paruppu. The consistence must be semisolid. This is called Kollu paruppu chutney.
• Take a pan and heat the remaining oil then add mustard seeds, curry leaves and cumin seeds. Fry to get the excellent flavor.
• Add these seasoning ingredients with Kollu paruppu chutney and stir well. Kollu paruppu chutney is ready to taste. Add fresh ghee while serving this recipe with rice.
• You can also add or gingelly oil or coconut oil instead of adding ghee.
Tips to prepare the Tamil Recipe Ven Pongal
Tamil Recipe to make Coriander Rice (Malli Satham)
Pakkoda kuruma – A traditional Tamilnadu recipe
How to make Tamilnadu gravy recipe Cauliflower masala gravy
Tamil Recipe to prepare Pundu Satham - Garlic Rice
How to make Tamilnadu special chutney variety Karuveppillai chutney
How to make Tamilnadu special recipe Poricha Kuzhambu
How to make Tamilnadu Special Chettinad Vegetable Biryani
How to make Pongal Chundal recipe of Tamil Nadu
Pumpkin Halwa - Tamil Sweet/Dessert Recipe
Read related articles:
tamil recipe specials
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
Responses to "Kollu Paruppu Chutney Recipe Easy Preparation"
23 Nov 2011
You have posted a very healthy recipe made of Kollu. Kollu recipes are very good for health and now it is being done in many homes because Kollu has got a lot of medicinal value.
Continue posting recipes like this.
Notify me by email when others post comments to this article.
Do not include your name, "with regards" etc in the comment. Write detailed comment, relevant to the topic.
No HTML formatting and links to other web sites are allowed.
This is a strictly moderated site. Absolutely no spam allowed.
to fill automatically.
(Will not be published, but
to validate comment)
Type the numbers and letters shown on the left.
Subscribe to Email
Get Jobs by Email
Forum posts by Email
Articles by Email
Online TSR members
Awards & Gifts
Education in Tamilnadu
Tamilnadu DDE admissions
Last 7 Days
Tamilnadu travel guide
Tamilnadu tourist places
Temples in Tamilnadu
Entertainment in Tamilnadu
Tamil movie online booking
Tamil movie actors
Tamil movie actress
Tamil nadu 12 Result 2014 and What to do after Higher secondary Exam
Summer Camps in Tamilnadu Courses and Activities 2014
SSLC Examination Timetable and Timings.
Tamilnadu SLET Exam 2014 State Eligibility Test Notification
Tamilnadu 10th exam 2014 Result Online Pass or Fail Avoid Stress
TSR top 5 performers
Copyright © SpiderWorks Technologies Pvt Ltd., Kochi, India
All Rights Reserved.