Kollu paruppu chutney is a traditional dish prepared in all states of India especially in Tamilnadu. Without knowing the health benefits of Kollu some people says that it is the food for horse not human. kollu paruppu benefits are many and it is the best medicine for cold and cough. It is also used to reduce the body weight and cholesterol. This tamil recipe is prepared in different names as mentioned below but the ingredients used are almost same for all preparations.
1. kollu paruppu kulambu in Coimbatore
2. kollu paruppu masiyal in Trichy
3. kollu paruppu chutney in Madurai
4. kollu paruppu podi in Erode
5. kollu paruppu thuvaiyal in Namakkal
Let's see the Kollu paruppu chutney Recipe Ingredients and Easy Preparation method.
Kollu Paruppu Chutney Ingredients
Kollu paruppu chutney Indian style is very delicious especially south Indian preparation. Kollu paruppu chutney recipe needs the below ingredients.
• 1/2 Cup of Kollu (cleaned)
• 5 small onion
• 1 Tomato
• 1/2 tsp of Cumin seeds
• ¼ tsp turmeric powder
• 1/2 tsp of Coriander seeds
• 1 bunch curry leaves
• 5 dry red chilies
• mustard seeds as required
• 4 tsp of Oil
• Salt as per taste
Kollu Paruppu Chutney Preparation
• Clean and soak the good quality Kollu paruppu five hours before the preparation time.
• Take a pressure cooker and put the Kollu paruppu, (horse gram) curry leaves, turmeric powder and oil.
• Then add 3 cups of water and close the lid. Let the cooker to get 8-10 whistles.
• Waite until the pressure gets released and take 1/2 amount of the water. This can be used for the preparation of Kollu paruppu Rasam.
• Meanwhile fry and grind the onion, tomato, curry leaves, red chilies, cumin seeds and coriander seeds.
• Then crush and grind the cooked Kollu paruppu horse gram by adding required amount of salt.
• Then mix the fried ground ingredients with the crushed Kollu paruppu. The consistence must be semisolid. This is called Kollu paruppu chutney.
• Take a pan and heat the remaining oil then add mustard seeds, curry leaves and cumin seeds. Fry to get the excellent flavor.
• Add these seasoning ingredients with Kollu paruppu chutney and stir well. Kollu paruppu chutney is ready to taste. Add fresh ghee while serving this recipe with rice.
• You can also add or gingelly oil or coconut oil instead of adding ghee.
You have posted a very healthy recipe made of Kollu. Kollu recipes are very good for health and now it is being done in many homes because Kollu has got a lot of medicinal value.
Continue posting recipes like this.