Sakkarai Pongal Recipe Tamil Nadu Style
Sakkarai pongal recipe is a special sweet dish prepared during pongal festival. This Tamilnadu festival recipe is prepared in the very early morning before the sun rice. The taste of sakkarai pongal recipe tamilnadu style preparation is unique. You can also try this recipe sakkarai pongal in cooker, but you should add the exact quantity of water. One whistle is enough for pressure cooker preparation.
Sakkarai Pongal Recipe Tamil Nadu Style Ingredients
2 cup of raw Rice
1/2 cup Moong dal
1 cup Milk
1/2 tsp pepper powder
10 Cashew nuts broken
10 Dry grapes
1/2 cup granted Coconut
Sakkarai Pongal Recipe Tamil Nadu Style Preparation Method
1. This is an easy recipe for sakkarai pongal Preparation.Fry the Moongdal for about 2-3 minutes till it becomes golden brown colour.
2. Soak the fried Moongdal with rice for about half an hour before cooking by adding water.
3. Boil four cups of water and add the soaked Moongdal and rice. Cook this till the rice and the dal becomes soft.
4. Then add the jiggery with milk and add with the cooked mixture. Leave it in sim fire for about 5 minutes.
5. Then fry the cardamom and make powder, fry the Cashew nuts and dry grapes in ghee and the fried ingredients with cooked sakkarai pongal recipe.
6. Finely remove the recipe from the fire and add the fried and granted coconut, mix well.
7. Add the pepper powder and the remaining ghee with the sweet Pongal. The Delicious sakkarai pongal recipe in Tamil style preparation is ready for taste.
8. Addition of pepper powder and turmeric powder is sakkarai pongal iyengar style. You can add or remove this as per your taste and interest.
9 you can also try this in steam cooked method but in sakkarai pongal recipe pressure cooker preparation you cannot get the traditional taste.
10. If you have any doubt about the consistency of the recipe, just watch sakkarai pongal recipe video to get an idea about the exact preparation.
No responses found. Be the first to comment...