Oats idli recipe
Idli is a very good breakfast which is prepared in the whole of South India. It is a healthy and nutrition rich food prepared with Black Gram or Urad Dal which is full of protein. Here is a variation of the normal idlis. This article helps you to prepare healthy oats idli which is heart friendly and rich in dietary fiber. This is easy to prepare because it does not need fermentation. This is a very good breakfast recipe for hypertensives and diabetics.
Ingredients for making oats idli/idly
Instant oats – 1 cup
Rava or Semolina – 1/2 cup
Curd – 1/2 cup
Water – 3/4 or as required
Asafoetida – 1/2 tsp
Coriander leaves – 2 tsp. finely chopped
Baking soda – 1/2 tsp.
Oil or Ghee – To grease Idly plates
Salt as required.
Oil – 1 tsp.
Mustard Seeds – 2tsp
Carrot – 1 medium sized grated
Green Chilli – 1 tsp. finely chopped
How to Make healthy Oats Idli
1. Dry roast the Instant Oats in a kadai for 5 min and allow it to cool. After this take the roasted Oats in the mixer and ground well to a fine powder.
2. Similarly dry roast the Rava for 3-4 min allow it to cool and take this in the mixing bowl along with the powdered oats and mix well.
3. Heat Oil in a pan and allow the Mustard Seeds to splutter, next add grated Carrot and Chopped Green Chillies and saute for 5 min.
4. Add the above to the Oats-Rava mixture bowl and mix once. Now add Asafoetida, Finely Chopped Coriander leaves, Baking Soda, Curd and Water and mix well with a spoon.
5. Now the Oats Idli batter is ready. You can adjust the consistency by adding water.
6. Grease the Idli plate with Oil and pour the batter to the Idly molds with the help of ladle.
7. Steam the idlis for 10-12 minutes or till done.
Now the Oats Idly is ready to be served with Coconut Chutney or idly milagai podi.
More articles: tamil recipes
No responses found. Be the first to comment...