Tamil recipe Kancheevaram Idli
Ingredients to make Kancheevaram Idli
1 cup of boiled rice 1 cup of urad dhal Half cup of raw rice 1 teaspoon of crushed pepper 1 cup of sour curd A small piece of ginger well chopped Some salt to taste
How to prepare Kancheevaram Idli
- Soak the rice and the urad dal separately for five hours
- Grind the rice and urad dhal well with proper water to get a fine paste of both of them separately. It would be better if you use Grinder to do the paste
- After grinding them separately mix both the ingredients well to mix them both with the hand
- Add some salt to taste and Keep aside the mixture over night for Fermentation of the mix
- Add Ginger, Pepper and curd that is told to the fermented paste
- use the idli stand and cook the Idli in the steam as we do the idli.
- Serve the Idli with cutney and sambhar and it would be better if it is served when it is hot.
Tamil recipe Paruppu Adai
Ingredients to make Tamil recipe Paruppu Adai
1 cup of raw rice 1 cup of urad dal 1 cup of tur dhal Half cup of moong dal Half cup channa 5 red chillies 2 green chillies 2 onions that are finely chopped Pinch of asafetida Curry leaves Salt to taste
How to prepare Paruppu Adai
- soak the rice and dals for a minimum of 4 hours
- Grind them with the red and green chillies
- Add some asafetida and some salt to taste
- Add some nicely chopped onions and green leaves
- Grind them nicely with all the mixture such that it can be poured to prepare the dosa
- Pour them in the Tava and spread them as we prepare dosa and add some oil to it
- Cook the Adai on both sides and serve them hot with Chutney and Sambhar.