Government bus online booking
Government SETC express buses can be reserved through online is the latest hot news in Tamilnadu. No other state has introduced this scheme. Tamilnadu introduced this online booking for the first time in India. To book your bus go to the website given below
Website - http://www.tnstc.in
Mobile Website - http://m.tnstc.in
How to reserve
Step 1 :To reserve online you need to register and create account. Registration process is simple just fill the fields and click create account your account will be created.
Step 2 : Now sign in the account by providing your username and password.
Step 3 : After signing in you will find five option such as E – Ticket booking, E- Ticket cancellation, Modify profile, View booking history and change password. Just click on E – Ticket booking. Then you will be redirected to a booking menu.
Step 4: Here you need to enter originating place and departing place and click on get places.
Step 5: Now in this menu there will be two options such as one way trip and round trip. If you need return tickets too then choose round trip otherwise choose one way trip. You can choose date only with a gap of 1 month in advance. Then enter the number of tickets you need. Choose the type of bus.
• Ultra deluxe – Cushion seat and push back only few seats in this bus very spacious.
• Super deluxe - Cushion seat and push back with more seats in this bus less spacious.
• Semi deluxe – Normal seat and push back with more seats in this bus less spacious.
• Air conditioned – Like ultra deluxe with Air condition.
Step 6 : This window shows you the buses available for your criteria. Some time there will no buses available. Choose the bus you need and click the details for seats available, fare and pickup points.
Step 7: While clicking the details you can able to see the following window
Step 8 : Here you can find the image seat available in bus. Select the seats you want. You need to pay the fare within 7 minutes to reserve the seat. If not you will lose your seat.
Step 9 : Pay your bus fare using Master / Visa credit card. After you completed your payment you have booked your ticket. Now the e-ticket will be send to your mail id you entered. Take the print out of the ticket. Also have proof such as original driving license, college / School id, original ration card or you will be fined above Rs:700.
• You can get 90% of fare back from the counter if you return your ticket before 2 days of the schedule time of departure of the bus.
• You can get 80% of fare back from the counter if you return your ticket before 1 day of the schedule time of departure of the bus.
• You can get 75% of fare back from the counter if you return your ticket between the interval of 30 minutes and 1 day of the schedule time of departure of the bus.
• You can get 50% of fare back from the counter if you return your ticket before 30 minutes of the schedule time of departure of the bus.