Culture and Festivals
Instructions documents and procedure to apply for a new Ration Card in Tamilnadu
Posted Date: 21-Sep-2011
: 35 (
This resource will give you detailed information as to how to apply for a new ration card in Tamilnadu. You can get the details about where to get the application form, documents required for new ration card, application fee and contact details in case of application rejection. Read the article below to get more information.
What is a Ration Card
Having a Ration card is a must for purchasing daily commodities at a fair price fixed by the concerned state governments. You can get the daily commodity items like rice, wheat, Dals etc at a cheaper price when compared to the price list of the private traders. There are different types of Ration cards issued by the state government. According to the per capita income of the family members the ration cards are classified as
Above poverty line ration cards
below poverty line ration cards
. State government will be reviewing the status of each card holder periodically and update the status as and when required.
Apart from purchasing essential commodities at a reduced price, Ration card is also used as a valid document for the proof of an Indian citizen. If you need a new gas connection or need to apply for a voter's ID card you need to produce the ration card as the proof.
Who are eligible to get a new ration card
Candidates who would like to apply for the new ration card must check the
eligibility criteria for new ration card
before applying for the same. Below are the eligibility criteria framed by the government to apply for a new ration card.
• Candidates applying for the new ration card must be a
citizen of India
• Candidate and his family should be cooking separately and live in a separate house.
• Candidate must be a resident of Tamilnadu and should submit the proof as and when required.
• Candidate and his family members should not have the history of possessing a ration card earlier in any state in India.
• Candidate and his family members should not be a member in any other ration card in Tamilnadu.
• The family members mentioned in the member details should be a close relative to the candidate.
Application forms to apply for new ration cards
Candidates who would like to apply for a new ration card must fill the application form prescribed by the government of Tamilnadu. The application forms are printed in both English and Tamil.
New ration card application form in Tamil
New ration card application form in English
Documents to be submitted along with the Application form
Candidates should fill the application form correctly and submit it along with the documents mentioned below.
• Address Proof
Candidate can submit any one of the below mentioned document copy as an residence proof in Tamilnadu
Copy of Election Photo Identity Card
Copy of Property Tax receipt if living in own house
Copy of latest Electricity Bill
Copy of latest Telephone Bill
Copy of Bank pass book front page
Copy of Passport
Copy of rental agreement if living in a rented house
Copy of any allotment order by Tamilnadu Slum Clearance Board
Name deletion certificate
if the candidates name is already present in parent family card
• If any card is issued in previous address then the candidate should obtain a surrender certificate from the card issuing authority
• If the candidate already has a LPG connection then the consumer name, consumer number, gas agency name should be furnished.
• If there is no ration card for the family then a no card certificate issued by the card issuing authority should be attached
• A self addressed post cover should be attached with the application form for future communication.
Where to send the Application form along with the required documents
Candidates should send their application forms to the below mentioned zones or districts.
• If the candidate is living in Chennai city he should send the application forms to the
Assistant Commissioner of Civil Supplies
present in the zone that the candidate is residing at present
• If the candidate is living other than Chennai then he should send the application forms to
Taluk Supply Officers of the Civil Supplies and Consumer Protection Department
Assistant Rationing Officers
in the particular district that the candidate is residing.
Website to find address
and contact details of concerned officers in Chennai as well as in Tamilnadu district.
• Candidates submitting the application forms in person should obtain a acknowledgement slip from the Assistant commissioner or Taluk officer.
• If the application is send through post then it should be sent through Registered Post with Acknowledgement Due card
Application fee to apply for a new ration card
• A fee of Rs.5 is prescribed by the Tamilnadu government to apply for a new ration card. The amount has to be paid to the concerned Assistant commissioner or Taluk officer.
When can we receive the new ration card
• Candidates has to wait for 30 to 60 days after submitting the application form.
• If the application form is correctly filled and proper documents are attached then the candidate can get his ration card within 60 days from the date of application form submitted.
• If there is no communication within 60 days then the candidate can approach the concerned Assistant commissioner or
• If the application form is rejected due to incomplete application or no sufficient document then the same is intimated by the Assistant commissioner or Taluk officer through post.
• Candidates who had correctly filled the application forms and submitted the required documents are intimated through post card, SMS or through e-mail.
• Candidates can meet the
or Taluk officer in person to get the new ration card
Whom to contact in case the application is rejected
• Candidates residing in Chennai can contact the below mentioned address if their application is rejected.
Deputy Commissioner of Civil Supplies,
Chennai City, North and South,
Civil Supplies and Consumer Protection Department ,
• Candidates residing outside Chennai can contact the concerned
District Revenue Officer
Tamilnadu state transport corporation (TNSTC) reservation counters and contact numbers in Tamilnadu
Details on Chennai Electricity Power-cut complaint centers.
Income Tax Department Call Centre to solve issues of public at Chennai, Tamilnadu
Chennai Traffic alerts SMS service details
How to file a complaint against defective product at District Consumer Protection Council Tamilnadu
Telephone Numbers for the Power Failure related queries for Coimbatore Circle
Information and contact details of District Collectors in Tamilnadu
The Biggest production unit of railway coaches in india which is situated at Tamil Nadu chennai
Tamilnadu Government to issue smart card for Government school students
Complete Detail Information about Aadhaar Indian Nationality Card in Tamilnadu
Read related articles:
tamilnadu govt services
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
Responses to "Instructions documents and procedure to apply for a new Ration Card in Tamilnadu"
23 Dec 2011
Very good information about applying for a ration card in tamilnadu.
Notify me by email when others post comments to this article.
Do not include your name, "with regards" etc in the comment. Write detailed comment, relevant to the topic.
No HTML formatting and links to other web sites are allowed.
This is a strictly moderated site. Absolutely no spam allowed.
to fill automatically.
(Will not be published, but
to validate comment)
Type the numbers and letters shown on the left.
Subscribe to Email
Get Jobs by Email
Forum posts by Email
Articles by Email
Online TSR members
Awards & Gifts
Education in Tamilnadu
Tamilnadu DDE admissions
Last 7 Days
Tamilnadu travel guide
Tamilnadu tourist places
Temples in Tamilnadu
Entertainment in Tamilnadu
Tamil movie online booking
Tamil movie actors
Tamil movie actress
Tamil Nadu Government Public holidays 2014 and State Festival Dates
Live Thiruvannamalai Maha Karthigai Deepam 2013 at TV channels, Karthigai Deepam Online Streaming
CMC Vellore Medical PG/ Diploma / Fellowship admission notification 2014-2015
Madurai Kamaraj University MSc biotechnology & MSc chemistry admission notification 2013-2014
SRM University associate fellow of industrial health course 2013-2014
TSR top 5 performers
Copyright © SpiderWorks Technologies Pvt Ltd., Kochi, India
All Rights Reserved.