About Tamil language
Tamil is an interesting language. It has huge number of letters. There are 247 tamil letters. This is easy to learn. Tamil words have more meaning for one words. Most of the masculine words in tamil finish by en (Ex. Avan) and feminine words finish by al (Ex. Ival). The words have respect in it while english words dont have respect. Tamil uses different slang mainly classified as Tuticorin Tamil, Madurai Tamil, Coimbatore Tamil and Chennai Tamil. Their way of pronunciation differs. New tamil learners can understand easily by watching others conversation. Below I have give few words and sentence which will be useful.
Asking question in Tamil
Here I have included all the possible question that we ask during shopping and general questions. Read the given words to know the Tamil meaning for English words.
1. What? - Enna?
2. Which? - Edhu?
3. How? - Eppadi?
4. Why? - Yen?
5. Where? - Enga?
6. Who? - Yaar?
7. When? - Eppohdhu?
8. How much? - Evvalhavu?
9. How many? - Eththanai?
10. What price? - Enna Vilai?
11. Which ic the truth? - Edhu Unhmai?
12. How is the situation? - Eppadi Nilaimai?
13. Why is it so? - Aen Ippadi?
14. Where is he? - Engae Avan?
15. Who is he? - Yaar Avan?
16. When is it required? - Eppohdhu vaendum?
17. What do you want? - Enna Vaendum
18. Which do you want? - Edhu Vaendum?
19. How do you want? - Eppadi Vaendum?
20. Why do you want? - Aen Vaendum?
21. Where do you want? - Engu Vaendum?
22. Whom do you) want? - Yaar Vaendum?
23. How many do you want? - Eththanai Vaendum?
24. How much do you want? - Evvalhavu Vaendum?
25. What is it? - Adhu Enna?
26. Which is it? - Adhu Edhu?
27. How is it? - Adhu Eppadi?
28. Why is it? - Adhu Aen?
29. Where is it? - Adhu Engae?
30. When is it? - Adhu Eppohdhu?
31. How much is it? - Adhu Evvalhavu?
First person, second person and third person in Tamil
1. I - Naan
2. He - Avan
3. She - Aval
4. You - Nee
5. It - Athu
6. A - Oru
7. They - avargal
8. Them - avargal
Basic conversation in Tamil
Here you can all the possible basic conversation that we use during every day life. This conversation will helpful to improve your Tamil fast.
1. Come - Va
2. Came - Vanthuttan
3. Will come - Vanthiruvan
4. Open - Thora
5. Opened - Thoranthiruke
6. Will open - Therakum
7. Sit - Ukkarru
8. Walk - Nadae
9. Eat - Saapidu
10. Drink - Kudi
11. Win - Jayie
12. Go - Po
13. Run - Odu
14. I go - Naan porean
15. He goes - Avan poraan
16. He eats an banana - Avan vaalai palam saapiduvaan
17. He is eating an banana - Avan vaalai palam saapiduraan
18. He ate an banana - Avan vaalai palam saapittaan
19. I saw the film last week - Naan poana vaaram padam paarthean
20. She came by bus yesterday - Aval nethu pearundhu valiya vandha
21. They went to the temple - Avankellam kovilluku poannaanga
22. He slept the whole night - Avan mulu rathiriyum thoonkinaan
23. He has eaten - Avan saapittu mudichutaan
24. He had eaten - Avan saapittaan
25. He wrote well in the examination - Avan paritchayila nalla eluthi irukkaan
26. He had gone- Avan poittaan
27. He had come - Avan vanthutaan
28. He will eat - Avan saapiduvaan
29. He will go - Avan povaan
30. He will come - Avan varuvaan
31. What is your name? - Unga peru enna?
32. What - Enna
33. Your - unga
34. Name - Paer
35. What did you do? - Nee enna panra, neenga enna panreenga
36. What should I do? - Naan enna seyyanum?
37. What are the questions? - Enna kelvigal?
38. What were the questions? - Enna kelvigal irunthithu?
39. What is the last question? - Kadaisi kelvi enna?
40. What is written in the letter? - Khadithathil enna ezhuthi iruku?
41. What you had been told? - Unaku enna solli irunthathu?
42. What will be the answer? - Badil enna va irukum?
43. Why did you come? - Yean vantha?
44. Why did you sleep? - En thoonguray?
45. Why did you tell him to go? - Yaen avana poga sonna?
46. Why did he bring the bag? - Avan yean pai kondu vanthan?
47. Why did she pay the money? - Aval yaen kaasu koduthal?
48. Why did they sit there? - Avunga yaen inga utkaanthirukaanga?
49. Why do you drive the car? - Yaen car ottina?
50. Why are they late for the meeting? - Yean avunga meeting ku thamadama vanthaanga?
51. How did you come? - Nee eppadi vanthe?
52. How did you sleep? - Nee epadi thoongina?
53. How did you drive? - Nee epadi oattina?
54. How did you write? - Nee epadi ezhuthina?
55. How many apples are there in my hand? - Ethana apple enn kaieilla irukku?
56. How many did you take? - Ethana nee edutha?
57. How much did he pay you? - Evalavu panam kodutha?
58. How much distance to go? - Evalavu thooram poakanum?
59. How was the journey yesterday? - Nethu payanam epadi irrunthathu?
60. Which way did you come? - Entha valiya vanthe?
61. Which is your favorite color? - Virupamana niram enna?
62. In which room did you sleep? - Entha arailla thoongina?
63. Which story did you tell? - Entha kathaya sonna?
64. Which is the sweetest fruit? - Unnaku rumba inipaana palam ethu?
65. Which is the best newspaper in Hindi? - Entha siethithaal nalla irukkum?
66. Which Indian state has the largest population? - Entha indhiya naattu maanilathula romba janathogai irruku?
67. Where did you come from? - Enga irunthu vandha?
68. Where did you sleep? - Enga thoonguna?
69. Where is the manager's cabin? - Seyalaalar arai enga?
70. Where should I go? - Naan enga poganum?
71. Whom should I contact? - Yeara santhikanum?
72. Is it a book? - Ithu puthakama?
73. It is a book - Ithu puthakam
74. Is it the answer? - Ithuthaan badhila?
75. It is the answer - Ithuthaan badhil?
76. Will you come with me? - Enkoda varuviya?
77. I shall come with you. - Naan wunkoda varuven.
78. Will you give me your pen? - Peanava kodupeengala?
79. Yes, of course. - Aama, pinna.
80. I love you - Naan Unnai Kadalikiren.
81. Can you give me your pen? - Peanava kudukka mudiyuma?
82. Can you lift the box? - Pettiya thookka mudiyumma?
83. Can you write the exam? - Paritchai elutha mudiyumma?
84. Did you have your lunch? - Madhiyaanam saappadu saapittiya?