Importance of Education
In today's economy Education plays a vital role in everybody life's. Education has no Limit and it helps one in Studying, Understanding, Earning and then implementing the Knowledge learned in his Career. It is a matter of choice of a person to decide about the education for his future. Good Education is not only developed based on knowledge and skills we gained during our curriculum but with certain additional factors that are to be taken into consideration.
About Engineering Degree
Engineering in Tamilnadu makes up a wide range of Business and Industries with various kinds of field of specialization. Engineers have an opportunity to work in all kinds of environments such as Outdoor, Indoor and even Underground. Moreover Engineering today is closely linked with Technology, due to its development it plays a vital role and Engineers use their knowledge they have in specific field to make things work and solve their problems and due to these Engineers exist in all walks of life.
Checklists before getting into an Engineering College
With increasing number of Engineering Colleges getting Admission into a college may not be a problem but getting into a good college with your choice of Branch speaks out. There are certain Checklists that are to be carried out as a Self Assessment by the Students and I have highlighted few of them below:
• Should I do engineering?
• If yes, what branch would be the best choice for me?
• Branch selected and finalized which college should I enter?
• What to expect after joining Engineering?
• What would be my outcomes after doing Engineering?
Depending upon the above factors one should act as a Decision makerin choosing the right type of college based on the type of job you like to enter to fit yourself with respect in the society.
How to be eligible for an Engineering Degree
• To be eligible one must clear his Board Exam successfully.
• Eligible Candidates should be from Science Stream with Physics, Chemistry and Maths as their compulsory subjects.
• There a lot of college with different caters of grades such as Government colleges, Government aided colleges, Self financing colleges, Autonomous colleges with Deemed universities.
• All these colleges conduct Entrance exam to select the candidates.
• Admissions in engineering colleges in these colleges are conducted in two ways such as Counseling and Management.
Students are requested to apply an application for Counseling and later they are being called for an Interview to select the college based on their ranks. All students attending Counseling are requested to pay the required fees for attending Counseling. The selection is purely based on their ranks and higher rank holders are given first preference for their efforts of work and marks gained by them in their exams.
Even in other side to get into an Top 10 Engineering College in Tamilnadu or any other college through Management quota all candidates must fulfill the above first two mentioned criteria.
Job opportunities in Engineering
There is a wide range of Specialization of jobs with different roles and responsibility at various levels in the organization. Due to recent Technology advancement Engineers change and widen their specialization during their career and jobs as it rolls out and so Opportunities exists in all corners for a Professional Engineers at all levels.
Qualities of a successful Engineer
• Sound knowledge in subject of specialization
• Highly Analytical
• Excellent Communication skills
• Team Player and Self-Starter
• Listening ability
• Imaginative and Creative
• Leadership Qualities
The above said are some Basic Skills that are required for a successful Engineer in all his outcomes.
Factors in choosing Engineering College
• Placements - Look into College Prior Placement History
• Infrastructures and Recognization - Look about the Infra of college and its accreditation
• Courses Offered - Check about the List of available Branches and of your interest
• Faculty student ratio – Small ratio of students can get personal attention from their staffs
Factors expected from College
There are certain factors that are to be taken into consideration as an Expectation in the perspective of both Students and Parents. Let take a look at it in detail below.
• Merit Based Scholarship for economically weaker students
• College Infra
• Hostel living and Dining
• Placement Records
• Faculty Division
• University Ranks
• Health care
• Seminar and Conference Halls
• Extra co curricular activities
• Guidance for Competitive Exams for Final year students
Academic assistance for Tamil medium schools
• Personality Development Programs
• Training and Development for Placements
• Assistance for Education Loans at the time of joining
• Periodic Seminars, Conferences and Industrial visits
• Alumni association
• Rigorous method for monitoring student's progress
• Corporate Tie ups for Training and Projects
• In house value added Certification Programs
To conclude my article, Tamilnadu colleges will be a valuable experience for your Future only if you choose to make it one. Simply Showing up to classes, Doing your work and Graduating may not be enough. Above all College opens many Doors that bring us up with various opportunities and its all into your hands to make you succeed. Hope this article has outlined few important factors of consideration required by an individual in choosing an Engineering College.
All the Best for your Future
No responses found. Be the first to comment...