About Aliyar Dam, Tamilnadu
The Name Aliyar in Tamil can be spelt as (Azhi=Sea&Aaru=River) and has a meaning like 'River of Sea'. This Dam was constructed during 1959-1969 across the River aliyar for the purpose of Irrigation. This dam was made to generate Hydro Electric Power after the project in September 2002. Aliyar Lake which is found in the footer of the Aliyar Dam is receiving water from the upper Aliyar Reservoir. Aliyar Dam is built as a main part for the project known to be Parambikulam Aliyar Project. The Dam has a span of about 2 Kilometers. This is one of the famous tourist places in Tamilnadu.
The highest flow of water can be seen during the months of July and August in the Dam. The area around which the water spreads is about 48 hectares. There are many things to look at it in the Dam Aliyar and the Places surrounding it.
Location of Aliyar Dam, TamilnaduThis majestic Dam is located exactly in the base of the Valparai and near the Anaimalai Hills spreading near the Western Ghats. This Dam is at a distance of about 65 Kilometres from the Coimbatore District.
This magnificent Dam is located at a mind-blowing Locality which is very pleasant for our mind to Relax. The maximum depth of the Dam is about 135 feet.
Specialities in Aliyar dam, Tamilnadu
• This place is very pleasant to watch and Enjoy. When we see the flow of water in the dam, our worries will get dissolved in them. Such a massive flow and it gives us immense pleasure to watch the flow of water from one side to another with great force in the Bridge.
• This place is very suitable for the Shooting of Films and its such an amazing Place. It has a very good climate in the early morning till evening.
• It makes us to have a nice view of the Anaimalai hills located nearby. It gives us a great pleasure while walking along the Dam.
• As a nice place to rejoice there is a very well maintained Children's Park which is maintained by Tamil Nadu Fisheries Corporation.
• There is a overhanging Bridge near the park and it gives us a very good adventurous experience.
• In the park there are many play things for the children and the people can relax in the Grass lawns under the shade of Majestic Trees.
• There are real beautiful fishes in the ponds & pools maintained inside the park.
• Monkey Falls is located very near to the Aliyar Dam which at a distance of just 2 Kilometres from that place on the way towards anther famous tourist destination Valparai.
• When we move around another 4 kms along that route there is a Viewpoint for watching Birds and it is a great sight.
• There are also many Trekking facilities around the hills of Aliyar for those who love adventure.
• The visitors mainly come here to take photographs and it is a very great experience for the tourists.
• There are well maintained play zone and aquarium in the park.
How to reach Aliyar Dam, Tamilnadu
This place can be reached from Coimbatore district as well as from Palakkad(Kerala).
• From Coimbatore: There are many frequent buses from the Ukkadam Bus Stand in Coimbatore and we should get the buses which move towards Pollachi and you can also get a bus which move towards Palani via Pollachi. And from there are many local buses from the Pollachi town to Aliyar Dam. Else you can get a bus which move towards the Valparai and get down in the middle near the Aliyar.
• From Palakkad: We can also get the Pollachi Town from the Palakkad via Chittur and another route is to move from Chalakkudy and Athirappalli to Pollachi. The Pollachi is the main landmark to reach the Aliyar Dam.
Enjoy even more in the Aliyar Dam and have peace to both the soul and body!!!
Some tourism related articles
• Kodiveri Falls
• Covelong Beach
• Beaches in Kanyakumari
• Thirumoorthi Falls
• Vaidehi Falls
More articles: tamilnadu tourist places
No responses found. Be the first to comment...