Location of Covelong Beach
Covelong Beach is one among the beaches of Tamilnadu. This wonderful beach is located at a distance of some 40 Kms when we move towards south of Chennai. This can be reached by travelling on the west coast road on the way towards Mahalibalipuram, also a great location which attracts the tourists to a great extent. This Beach is at a distance of about 20 kms from Mahabalipuram. This Beach is a wonderful tourist spot located near Mahabalipuram.
Historical Importance of Covelong Beach
This Beach is one of the places of Nature's beautiful creativity. This beach had a great reputation at the start of 18 th Century and served as a good resort for the Nawabs of Carnatic during that period. It served as a good commercial port for the Carnatic Nawabs and was very useful as a transport link to the countries of the world. Covelong Beach location was earlier well known for having great Churches of Tamil Nadu. And as a notable fact this port was destroyed by the French Troops during the mid of 18th Century. Even though it has not lost its beauty. Due to that act by the French Troops there are remains of Walls of the Fort which was built near by.
Tourist attractions in Covelong Beach
• This beach first serves as a source for Fisher man's daily Bread.
• As this is located in a wonderful locality,it attracts many writers,Photo Graphers and film Shooting will also take place occasionally here.
• The best thing in the beach is that it is well known for the Wind Surfing activity. This is a very considerable fact because, not all the beaches are suitable for wind surfing.
• This Beach has good conditions around it including the Climatic conditions and breezy slight wind which is very apt condition comparing to that of high winds.
• Covelong Beach is also very famous for the Sun Bath too. This is a main attraction for the tourists of the world. The fact about Sun Bath is that it produces tanned skin when exposed to Sun's heat. This is a necessary thing for the Foreigners to condition their skin.
• It is also a good place for playing and swimming as in other beaches.
• Hopefully it serves as a good tourism spot and a leisure time location for the people who welcome good environment and good adventure.
How to reach Covelong Beach
As this beach is located nearer to many tourist places like Mahabalipuram, Crocodile Farm in Chennai, Fisherman's cove etc., it can be easily accessible and there are well enough means of transport.
• By means of Air : Nearest airport is Chennai airport which is at about 60 kms.
• By means of Road: From the airport there are many modes of road transport. There are frequent buses too.
• By means of Train: There are many trains to reach Chennai and from there Buses/other road means will serve better.
Many times, the Kovalam Beach located in Trivandrum,Kerala is mistook as Covelong Beach of Tamil Nadu.
Tourism related articles
No responses found. Be the first to comment...