Culture and Festivals
Tomato Rice Recipe in Tamil Nadu Biryani Taste
Posted Date: 20-Jul-2011
: 7 (
This article gives the details of Ingredients of Tomato Rice Recipe in Tamil Nadu Biryani Taste ans special cooking method of this recipe. This recipe is prepared in other styles like Malayalam, Hindi and Andhra style but Tamil cooking gives the taste of Tamil Vegetable Biryani.
Taste of Tomato Rice Recipe in Tamil Nadu Style
Tomato rice recipe Indian style preparation is unique. Tomato rice recipe is my favorite recipe in all variety rice prepared in Tamilnadu. This is the best recipe for school Tiffin box. Delicious tomato rice with pickles memorizes my school days home. Tomato Rice Recipe in Tamil Nadu style with potato chips or fry is the good combination. Here is the simple and
easy preparation of Tomato Rice Recipe
in Tamil Nadu taste.
Ingredients required for Preparing Tomato Rice Recipe in Tamil Nadu Style
• 2 cups of Quality Basmati rice
• 2 cinnamon stick,
• Coriander 3 long stems
• 4 cloves,
• 1/2teaspoon funnel seeds
• 1/2 teaspoon Garlic ginger paste
• 4 bay leaves
• 2 cardamom
• 2 medium sized onion
• 4 Green chilies
• 4 Medium sized tomatoes
• 6 Mint leaves
• 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
• 5 teaspoon oil
• Salt as required
• Coconut small piece
Preparation of Tomato Rice Recipe in Tamil Nadu Biryani Taste
• Grind the Coriander, Coconut, ginger-garlic paste and green chilies together. Keep aside
• Take the two cups of Basmati rice wash and soak is 10- 15 minutes
• Chop the onion in length vice and keep it ready.
• Chop the tomatoes finely and keep aside.
• Take a pressure cooker and pour the oil, when heats fry the cinnamons, cloves, cardamom, funnel seeds and finally bay leaves.
• Then add the chopped onions and fry until it become golden brown in colour
• Then add the chopped tomatoes and fry well. Then add the grounded masala and mix well and keep this in low flame for 3 minutes.
• When the moisture of tomato is completely absorbed, it is cooked well.
• This is the time to add the soaked Basmati rice and mint leaves. Mix the rice and masala well.
• Add required salt 2 and half cups of water. Close the lid of the pressure cooker. 1 whistle is enough to get the rice cooked.
Tomato Rice Recipe in Tamil
style is ready to taste. Add ghee to enhance the taste.
• Serve hot with potato fry or chips or pappad.
: You can substitute the water with coconut milk to get delicious taste. Coconut milk can be taken by grinding and filtering the coconut.
Tips to prepare the Tamil Recipe Ven Pongal
Tamil Recipe to make Coriander Rice (Malli Satham)
Pakkoda kuruma – A traditional Tamilnadu recipe
How to make Tamilnadu gravy recipe Cauliflower masala gravy
Tamil Recipe to prepare Pundu Satham - Garlic Rice
How to make Tamilnadu special chutney variety Karuveppillai chutney
How to make Tamilnadu special recipe Poricha Kuzhambu
How to make Tamilnadu Special Chettinad Vegetable Biryani
How to make Pongal Chundal recipe of Tamil Nadu
Pumpkin Halwa - Tamil Sweet/Dessert Recipe
Read related articles:
tamil recipe specials
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
Responses to "Tomato Rice Recipe in Tamil Nadu Biryani Taste"
No responses found. Be the first to respond...
Notify me by email when others post comments to this article.
Do not include your name, "with regards" etc in the comment. Write detailed comment, relevant to the topic.
No HTML formatting and links to other web sites are allowed.
This is a strictly moderated site. Absolutely no spam allowed.
to fill automatically.
(Will not be published, but
to validate comment)
Type the numbers and letters shown on the left.
Subscribe to Email
Get Jobs by Email
Forum posts by Email
Articles by Email
Online TSR members
Awards & Gifts
Education in Tamilnadu
Tamilnadu DDE admissions
Last 7 Days
Tamilnadu travel guide
Tamilnadu tourist places
Temples in Tamilnadu
Entertainment in Tamilnadu
Tamil movie online booking
Tamil movie actors
Tamil movie actress
TNPSC group 4 exam 2014 online notification and application Details
Rava Kichadi Tamil nadu Style Easy Tamil Recipe for Dinner
Thiruvannamalai Deepam 2014 Festival Celebration
Tamil actor Sivakarthikeyan Profile and Bio data
Diwali Legiyam Tamil Marundhu Recipe for Digestion
TSR top 5 performers
Copyright © SpiderWorks Technologies Pvt Ltd., Kochi, India
All Rights Reserved.