Taste of Tomato Rice Recipe in Tamil Nadu Style
Tomato rice recipe Indian style preparation is unique. Tomato rice recipe is my favorite recipe in all variety rice prepared in Tamilnadu. This is the best recipe for school Tiffin box. Delicious tomato rice with pickles memorizes my school days home. Tomato Rice Recipe in Tamil Nadu style with potato chips or fry is the good combination. Here is the simple and easy preparation of Tomato Rice Recipe in Tamil Nadu taste.
Ingredients required for Preparing Tomato Rice Recipe in Tamil Nadu Style
• 2 cups of Quality Basmati rice
• 2 cinnamon stick,
• Coriander 3 long stems
• 4 cloves,
• 1/2teaspoon funnel seeds
• 1/2 teaspoon Garlic ginger paste
• 4 bay leaves
• 2 cardamom
• 2 medium sized onion
• 4 Green chilies
• 4 Medium sized tomatoes
• 6 Mint leaves
• 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
• 5 teaspoon oil
• Salt as required
• Coconut small piece
Preparation of Tomato Rice Recipe in Tamil Nadu Biryani Taste
• Grind the Coriander, Coconut, ginger-garlic paste and green chilies together. Keep aside
• Take the two cups of Basmati rice wash and soak is 10- 15 minutes
• Chop the onion in length vice and keep it ready.
• Chop the tomatoes finely and keep aside.
• Take a pressure cooker and pour the oil, when heats fry the cinnamons, cloves, cardamom, funnel seeds and finally bay leaves.
• Then add the chopped onions and fry until it become golden brown in colour
• Then add the chopped tomatoes and fry well. Then add the grounded masala and mix well and keep this in low flame for 3 minutes.
• When the moisture of tomato is completely absorbed, it is cooked well.
• This is the time to add the soaked Basmati rice and mint leaves. Mix the rice and masala well.
• Add required salt 2 and half cups of water. Close the lid of the pressure cooker. 1 whistle is enough to get the rice cooked.
• Tomato Rice Recipe in Tamil style is ready to taste. Add ghee to enhance the taste.
• Serve hot with potato fry or chips or pappad.
Note: You can substitute the water with coconut milk to get delicious taste. Coconut milk can be taken by grinding and filtering the coconut.