what is Aircel Wi-Fi?
Wi-Fi is similar to normal broadband connection. In normal broadband connection we get our data by wire or optical fiber cable medium but in Wi-Fi we can get our data through wireless. In simple Wi-Fi is a broadband wireless connection. It is now available in laptops, tablet pc, mobile phones and smart phone. These devices work as receiver of Wi-Fi signals. To access this you need to get near the Wi-Fi transmitter or popularly called as Wi-Fi hotspot. Aircel has introduced and placed this hot spot in Chennai, Tamilnadu. It is expected that they will provide this service in other regions of Tamilnadu. Other than Chennai this service is available in another 10 cities of India. The cities that provide Aircel Wi-Fi service in India are Agra, Bangalore, Delhi, Goa, Hyderabad, Jalandhar, Kolkatta, Ludhiyana, Mumbai and Pune.
Wi-Fi hotspot location in Chennai, Tamilnadu
• Bharati Raja Hospital#20, GN Chetty Road, Chennai, Tamil Nadu
• Ramachandra Hospital#1, Ramachandra Nagar, Porur, Chennai, Tamil Nadu
• Janapriya center(Big Bazaar-T.Nagar)34, Pondy Bazaar, T. Nagar, Chennai, Tamil Nadu
• Quality Inn Sabari (T.Nagar)#29, Thirumalai Pillai Road, T.Nagar, Chennai, Tamil Nadu
• Indi Mall132/33, Nelson Manickam Road, Chennai, Tamil Nadu
• Citi Centre (Purasaivakkam)232 (Old No.186), Purasawalkam High Road, Kilpauk, Chennai, Tamil Nadu
• Vijay Park Inn#170, Jawaharlal Nehru Salai, Arumbakkam, Chennai, Tamil Nadu
• Ampa MallBlock No.3 of No.173, Vada Agaram Village, Adjacent to the No. 1 P.H. Road, Chennai, Tamil Nadu
• Pothys 15, Nageswara Rao Road, T. Nagar, Chennai, Tamil Nadu
• Hotel Abu Palace#926, Poonamalle High Road, Chennai, Tamil Nadu
• Malar Hospital#52, 1st Main Road, Gandhinagar, Adyar, Chennai, Tamil Nadu
• VGP ComplexOld No. 39, New No. 17, Anna Salai, Chennai
• Rayala Techno Park144/7, Rajiv Gandhi Salai, Kottivakkam, Chennai, Tamil Nadu
• TVH Belicia TowersBlock 94, MRC Nagar, Pattinapakkam, Chennai
• Country Inn Hotel Vaigai# 3, Gandhi Irwin Road, Egmore, Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Note: You can only access this feature only if you have Wi-Fi facility in your mobiles or laptops. All tablet phones, Iphone has Wi-Fi facility in it. Many smart phones also have this feature. Wi-Fi is completely different from 3G.
Access details and Login detail by Aircel Wi-Fi connection
When you get to any of the above mentioned Aircel hotspot first switch ON your mobile or laptop Wi-Fi. Then search for available Wi-Fi connections around you. There may be more than one connection but look for AIRCEL_SPECTRANET and click that one to connect. You will be now connected to the network. Open your browser i.e Internet explorer, google chrome or safari. Open the browser of your choice and type www.google.com. It will display you the sign up page for AIRCEL_SPECTRANET. On this you need to enter your 10 digit aircel mobile number. After completing this process you will receive a SMS in your mobile where you will get password. Enter that password in webpage and submit it. After submitting you will be charged and you will receive user id and password. Using this user id and password you should login AIRCEL_SPECTRANET to access the Wi-Fi feature. They charge you from your mobile balance for prepaid user and for postpaid user you will be billed. Keep in mind don't close your browser during a session. If you close the browser then it will be calculated as the session is over.
Charges and Tariff for Aircel Wi-Fi in Tamilnadu
There are three plans available for Aircel Wi-Fi such as hourly plan, one day plan and monthly plan. They take balance from your prepaid mobile balance and billed for postpaid users. For prepaid user you cannot access this service if you don't have sufficient balance.
Hourly plan :
This charges you Rs-15 for per hour. You can access with a speed limit of 256Kbps. Usage limit of this plan is 50mb beyond this session gets over.
One day plan
This charges you Rs-25 for per day (24hours). You can access with a speed limit of 512Kbps. Usage limit of this plan is 100mb beyond this session gets over.
This charges you Rs-249 for 30 days. You can access with a speed limit of 1Mbps. Usage limit of this plan is 3GB beyond this session gets over.
Note: Some devices cannot accept 1Mbps speed. Using Laptops, Iphone and most of the smart phones you can access 1Mbps speed. Only some of the phones that uses 802.1 a does not accept more bandwidth. But latest devices are well developed and you can access high speed.
These are the only charges available in Aircel Wi-Fi. Choose the plan that suits you best and enjoy browsing and downloading at high speed anywhere wirelessly.
Some points to remember while using this service
1. Choose a place where you get Wi-Fi signal fluently
2. Check that your Wi-Fi is switched ON
3. Suppose you forget the password there will be option available in the webpage called forget password. Click this to receive the password again.
4. Don't forget to switch off the proxy, To switch off proxy go to internet options and there you will find connection click that after clicking that you will find LAN setting there you can switch off the proxy.
5. Don't go near electric appliances such as microwave and cordless phone.
6. To check the remaining time for using data go to manage accounts there you can check the remaining time.
7. You are allowed to use only aircel spectranet. You cannot access other spectranet available.
Post your comments if you have any queries.
Update if you place got introduced this Aircel wifi as a response below. So that i can make the article fully updated.