Sastra University Thanjavur,a well known University providing its best in the field of Education for students for the past 25 years. It is one of the deemed universities in Tamil Nadu. It has a very good infrastructure,lab Facilities,Hostel,Play area and a strong Broadband coverage through wifi.
Location of SASTRA University
SASTRA University is located near Tirumalaisamudram in Thanjavur. It has many connectivity areas from Trichy and Thanjavur.
There are many frequent buses from Trichy and Thanjavur.
More accurately it is located near the Thanjavur-Trichy highway(NH-67)
Srinivasa Ramanuja Centre in SASTRA University
The Srinivasa Ramanujan Centre [SRC] located near Kumbakonam was inaugurated in November, 2000 by Prof. V. S. Ramamurthy, Secretary, Department of Science & Technology(Government of India). The main objectives of this centre are to conduct coaching classes for +2 students, establishment of a national monument for Srinivasa Ramanujan, offering degree programmes for students etc., The utmost aim of this centre is to provide high quality higher education to the people of Kumbakonam and nearby places. It has a span of about 9 acres.
B.Tech Counselling in Srinivasa Ramanujan Centre for 2011-2012
Students are alloted with ranks based on their performance in the entrance test,they are ranked accordingly and a counselling is going to be conducted. Details of it are as follows.
Rank List of the candidates
Venue of Counselling
Srinivasa Ramanujan Centre, Kumbakonam
Rank range Date
1-304 July 4,2011(9.05am-10.45 am)
305-600 July 4,2011(11.45am-1.45pm)
601-918 July 4,2011(2.30pm-4.30pm)
Instructions for SASTRA University Counselling
1. Candidates should be present 30 minutes before the scheduled time. The candidates who comes late will be allowed only to attend counselling in the next batch only and allotment will be made based on the seats available during that time.
2. Necessary Documents needed while coming for counselling:
•+2 Mark sheet,
•Migration Certificate (if applicable).
3. Admitted candidate must pay the following fees in the form of Demand Draft.
1) Tuition fees Rs.40,000/- (per semester)
2) Development fees Rs.10,000/- (one time payment at the time of admission)
3) Miscellaneous Rs. 7,000/- (one time payment at the time of admission)
Total fees to be paid - Rs. 57, 000/-
A single Demand Draft for Rs. 57, 000/- should be taken favoring SASTRA University, payable at Kumbakonam.
4. Candidates are advised to come in person along with their parents. In case of any genuine inability to be available in person then their parents can represent the candidate with proper proof.
6. Admissions are only based on the availability of seats during the time of counseling.
More Education details articles in tamilspider
• Tamilnadu distance education
• BSc colleges tamilnadu