Resources » Travel & Tourism » Others
Museums in Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu
This article gives you the brief details about some of the best Museums in the Coimbatore city. This resource gives you their specialties, Visiting hours and the entry fees to visit these museums. These museums have a very great stuff in them.
Museums in Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu
The underlying passage gives you a brief description about the best museums in Coimbatore. Below are the famous museums in Tamilnadu which are notable for their best preserved things of high value.
• Ancient Industrial artifacts museum
• G.D. Naidu Museum
• Government Museum Chennai Tamilnadu
• H A Gass Forest Museum
• Kasthuri Sreenivasan Trust Arts Gallery & Textile Museum
• Mahatma Gandhi Museum
Ancient Industrial Artifacts Museum
Location of Ancient Industrial Artifacts Museum
It is located in the area around the Nanjundapuram road which is about 7Kms from Gandhipuram,Coimbatore.
Specialties of Ancient Industrial Artifacts Museum
. This Museum is very famous for housing many items related to the fertile Kongu-Chola period.
• As a fact,the Egyptians save their things with them inside mummies similarily the People of Tamil Nadu too believed in the fact of rebirth after their death.So,they saved their belongings with their bodies in a large pot-shaped urns(in Tamil it is called Thaali).These are found in large numbers in this museum.
• This museum also houses many old items which were excavated from the areas like Perur,Poluvaampatti,Vellalur.
• This museum also preserves the old displayable slab made during some reign to display the orders issued by the King which was excavated from the Udumalapet town in Tamil Nadu.
• This museum also contains many Coins,sculptures,vessels etc., used in the ancient period.
Visiting Hours and Entry fee in Ancient Industrial Artifacts Museum:
• Opened on all days from 9.45 am - 5.45 pm (except government holidays and festivals).
• Entry fee: For Adults: Rs.5, For Children: Rs.3. For more details Contact: 9442238816.
GD Naidu Museum Coimbatore, Tamilnadu
Location of G.D. Naidu Museum
It is located near Varadharajapuram at a distance of about 8 Kms from Gandhipuram,Coimbatore.
Specialities of G.D. Naidu Museum
• G.D. Naidu, a great scientist and an eminent industrialist in India.He have contributed much to the field of Science.This museum bears his name and the museum is filled with the inventions made by him and the company founded by him called Universal motor Service(UMS).
• There are many mechanical,electrical and pneumatic,agricultural devices which were found in the early times to the present time is preserved in this museum.
• The notable things in this museum are the Mechanical Calculator,1978 model Projection TV, first motor made in India during 1937 by him in his UMS company and much more.
• He is also known for establishing Government College of Technology
• There are many other attractions in this museum and this kindles the young Generation to do many researches.
Visiting Hours and Entry fee in G.D. Naidu Museum
• Opened everyday (except sundays and Government Holidays)
• Visiting Hours: 8:00am - 12:00pm and 1:00pm - 5:00pm
• Entry is free
• For Contact:0422 2222548.
Location of Government Museum,Coimbatore
This great Museum is located near VOC park in Coimbatore at a distance of about 1.2 Kms from Gandhipuram,Coimbatore.
Specialities of Government Museum
• The museum has been divided into 5 sections for different categories.
• This museum houses many fossil remains and old age tools, the megalithic burial materials, ancient coins and decorative artifacts.
• Another section is allocated for old rocks, minerals, wood fossils and medicinal plants used by the ancient tribes. . This Museum also acts as a resource for the fields of art,archaeology,anthropology, numismatics,botany,zoology,geology etc.,
Visiting Hours in Government Museum
Visiting Time:Open on all days from 9:30am to 5pm except on Fridays, second Saturdays and on National holidays.
More Interesting articles in tamilspider on Coimbatore
• Cinema theatres in Coimbatore
• Mighty Thirumoorthy Falls
• Famous temples in Coimbatore
• coimbatore travel guide and for more articles, visit Tamilspider resources
Read related articles: museums in tamilnadu coimbatore tourist guide tamilnadu tourist places
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
|Author: venkata Kumar 22 Jun 2011||Member Level: Gold Points : 1|
This is an interesting article which covers all the museum in Coimbatore. You have provided all the details in simple English that attracted me more.
|Author: Arul Frances 23 Jun 2011||Member Level: Gold Points : 1|
Thank you very much for your feedback.
Return to Article Index
Active MembersTodayLast 7 Daysmore...