Tamilnadu state transport corporation (TNSTC)
Tamilnadu state transport corporation (TNSTC), originally Tamilnadu state transport department was established in the year 1972. During the year 1975 Chennai was named as the headquarters for Tamilnadu state transport corporation. TNSTC used to connect all the district headquarters of tamilnadu through their long distance express service. In 1975 the Tamilnadu state transport department express wing was named as the Pallavan transport corporation. This was later officially registered as Thiruvalluvar trasport corporation in the year 1980. TNSTC has the proud name of being the second largest bus transport corporation in India run under a state government.
Buses flying above 250 kms in Tamilnadu was named as the Thiruvalluvar transport corporation. They began to connect important cities, religious and historical places and also major commercial hubs in the state. Soon they started to connect important commercial establishments in Andhra pradesh, Kerala and Karnataka. Initially Thiruvalluvar trasport corporation started with around 250 buses and they currently run more than 20,000 buses with 1.3 lakh employes all over Tamilnadu. At present they are renamed as State Express Transport Corporation (SETC).
Types of buses operated by Tamilnadu state transport corporation (TNSTC)
TNSTC operates different types of buses all over Tamilnadu. They are classified according to their class and comfort. AC and volvo coaches are the new addition to the existing fleet. Commutators can choose the type of class and comfort that they need while they embark for their journey. TNSTC operates the below mentioned buses which not only covers the entire Tamilnadu but also the adjacent states. The various classess of buses are:
1. General buses - Generally used to connect districts and villages in Tamilnadu.
2. Video coach and Super deluxe - These kind of buses run to connect important district headquarters, religious places and tourist attractions.
3. Ultra deluxe coach - Important commercial establishments in Tamilnadu as well as in adjacent states like Karnataka, Kerala and Andhra are connected by these buses. They are run by SETC.
4. AC video coaches - Buses operated from Chennai to other commercial centers comes under this category. These buses are run by SETC.
5. AC volvo buses - These are the newly introduced fleet by TNSTC to introduce latest and advanced technology in the field of road transport. They run in and around Chennai to cater the needs of cosmopolitan lifestyle individuals.
TNSTC reservation counters and contact numbers in Tamilnadu
• TNSTC Coimbatore reservation counter - 0422-2524969
• TNSTC Kanyakumari reservation counter - 04652-246019
• TNSTC Koyambedu Bus Stand (CMBT) reservation counter - 044-24794709
• TNSTC T.Nagar reservation counter - 044-24794709
• TNSTC Tambaram reservation counter - 044-24794709
• TNSTC Parrys Bus Stand reservation counter - 044-24794709
• TNSTC Kumbakonam reservation counter - 0435-2431251
• TNSTC Madurai reservation counter - 0452-2585838
• TNSTC Mayiladuthurai reservation counter - 04364-222455
• TNSTC Nagapattinam reservation counter - 04365-242455
• TNSTC Rameswaram reservation counter - 04573-221263
• TNSTC Salem reservation counter - 0427-2446041
• TNSTC Tirunelveli(New busstand) reservation counter - 0462-2554468
• TNSTC Tirunelveli(Old busstand) reservation counter - 0462-2554468
• TNSTC Tirupathi reservation counter - 0877-2225324
• TNSTC Trichy Municipal Bus Stand reservation counter - 0431-2460992
• TNSTC Trivandram reservation counter - 0471-2327756
• TNSTC Tuticorin reservation counter - 0461-2345340
• TNSTC Velankanni reservation counter - 04365-263467
TNSTC head office and contact details
Koyambedu Bus Stand - 044-24794705
E-Mail - firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax - 044-25384100
EPABX - 044-25366351 (8 lines)
Managing Director - 044-25368323
General Manager (Administration) 044-25388881 Extn 449
General Manager (Technical) 044-25366631 Extn 434