How to make Karuveppillai chutney
Karuveppillai chutney is a traditional chutney which is good for health. This spicy chutney helps one to get relieved from cough and also aids in digestion. Read the article and try this at home.
Ingredients for making Karuveppillai chutney
Onion – 3
Tomato – 1
Curry leaves / Karuveppillai – A handful
Grated coconut – 1 cup
Tamarind – small lemon size
Ginger – ½ inch
Salt to taste
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
Urud dal – 2 tbsp
Procedure for making Karuveppillai chutney
1. Heat oil in a kadai, add mustard seeds and allow it to splutter and add urud dal and fry till brown.
2. Now add onion and sauté till transparent, then add the curry leaves, ginger and sauté for 2 minutes.
3. Add the tomatoes and sauté till the juice gets mixed well.
4. Now add the grated coconut and tamarind and fry well.
5. Allow this to cool and then grind this in a mixer till you get the chutney consistency.
6. Transfer this in a serving bowl.
This can be served with idlis especially Kanchipuram idlis and dosas
More articles: tamil recipe specials