Tamilnadu special idli variety - Kanchipuram Idli
Kanchipuram Idli is a special idli recipe from Kanchipuram which is a holy city in Tamilnadu. Kanchipuram Idly was served as prasadam in ancient days in Perumal Temples located in Kanchipuram. It is a heavy spicy idli variety which satisfies your hunger. Read the article and try this at your home.
Ingredients needed to make Tamilnadu special Kanchipuram Idli
Boiled rice – 2 cup
Raw rice – 1 cup
Urud dal – 1 ½ cup
Fenugreek – 1 tbsp
Cooking soda - 1/2 tsp
salt to taste
Pepper - 2 tsp
Jeera - 2 tsp
ginger - finely chopped
Bengal gram dal - 4 tsp
Urad dal - 4 tsp
A sprig of curry leaves
Method to prepare Kanchipuram idli
1. Clean and soak both the rices and dal for 5-6 hrs.
2. Grind the urud dal in a grinder and then the rice to a smooth batter. Mix both together adding required amount of salt.
3. Allow this to ferment for 10 hrs or overnight.
4. Add cooking soda to the batter after it is ferment.
5. In a kadai, add 1 tsp of oil and roast all the items given under seasoning. Add this to the batter and mix well.
6. Pour the batter into the idli plates or in Thatee idli plates and cook for 15- 20 mins in a pressure cooker or idli maker.
7. Now the Kanchipuram idli is ready to be served.
Serve this with Karuveppillai chutney and idli podi.
More articles: tamil recipe specials