Culture and Festivals
Tamilnadu Politics and Tamilnadu government
Tamil Nadu Government
Profile and biography of Chief Minister Jayalalitha, details about Early life & Political career
Tamil Nadu Government
: 35 (
This resource "Profile and biography of Chief Minister Jayalalitha, details about Early life & Political career" gives you all the complete biography of our honourable Chief Minister J. Jayalalitha. In this resource you will get the details about Jayalalitha's early life, her entry into politics, awards won, her administrative initiatives and much more. Read the article to know more about our CM Jayalalitha.
Tamilnadu Politician and Actress Jayalalitha
Early life of Jayalalitha
was born in a Tamil Iyengar family on 24th February 1948 in Mysore, Karnataka. She was named as Komalavalli and belongs to Srirangam, Trichy. When she was 2 years of old she lost her father Jeyaram. She did her early education in Bishop Cotton Girls High School in Bangalore. Her mother
was a popular tamil actress and she moved to Chennai due to this. In Chennai she continued her studies in the famous Church Park Convent and excelled well in studies. She entered the film industry and refused the scholarship offered for higher studies.
Political Career of Chief Minister Jayalalitha
• Jayalalitha entered the politics in the year 1982 and she was given guidance by her
mentor Dr. M.G.R.
Thus she is a member of
• Jayalalitha started her career in politics first by joining as a member of AIADMK but in a very short period she was promoted as the
Propaganda Secretary of AIADMK
• Jayalalitha first made her election campaign in February 1983 in the bye-election to the Tiruchendur Assembly Constitutency. She was able to secure an outstanding victory for the party by her campaign.
• In 1984 Jayalalitha was elected as a MP to the Rajya Sabha.
• After the death Dr. M.G.R. in 1987 she prevented the splitting of the AIADMK party and she became the MLA in 1989 from Bodinayakkanur. Jayalalitha was the first women opposition leader in the
Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly
• In 1991 she was elected as the chief minister of Tamilnadu for the first time. The AIADMK party under the leadership of Jayalalitha won in the 225 Constituencies out of 234.
Jayalalitha sinks Karunanidi for the third time
Jayalalitha served the Tamilnadu state as the chief minister for three times the details are as follows:
1. From 1991 to 1996
2. From 2001 to 2006
3. From 2011 to present
Awards and Special Degrees awarded to AIADMK leader Jayalalitha
Chief Minister Miss. Jayalalitha
was honored with a number of awards and special degrees which are listed below:
• Jayalalitha was Honoured with the Award
in the year 1972 by the Government of Tamilnadu.
• In the year 1991 the University of Madras honoured the Degree of Doctor of Literature (D.Ltt.) to our CM Jayalalitha
• Jayalalitha was also awarded the honorary degree of Doctor of Science in 1992 by the
Tamil Nadu Dr. MGR Medical University
awarded her the honorary degree of Doctor of Science in 1992
• Next in the year 1993
Madurai Kamaraj University
awarded her the honorary degree of Doctor of Letters.
• In the year 2003 she was credited with 2 degrees one from the Tamil Nadu Agricultural University for Doctor of Science and the other from the Bharathidasan University, Trichy for Doctor of Letters in 2003
• In the year 2005 she was awarded the the honorary degree of Doctor of Laws by the
Tamil Nadu Dr. Ambedkar Law University
• Jayalalitha has also been honoured with
Paul Harris Fellow Recognition and Life-time achievement Award
by the Rotary International.
• The International Human Rights Defense Committee, Ukraine recognized Jayalalitha and honoured her with the Golden Star of Honour and Dignity Award.
Administrative initiatives of Jayalalitha
• Banned private loans of high interest
• New Veeranam Water Supply Scheme for Chennai was completed in her time period.
• Banned lottery tickets in Tamilnadu.
• The bandit Veerappan was killed by the police.
• Donating free cycles to all school students.
• Cradle baby scheme for girl infants who are left alone.
• TASMAC was introduced
• Video conferencing in Jails and Courts was introduced
Foreign Travels of AIADMK leader Jayalalitha
U.S.A., Singapore, Malaysia, Hongkong, Thailand, Japan, Nepal.
Publications of writer Jayalalitha
Jayalalitha has written several articles and they have been published in many periodicals. She has also written four novels and many short stories in Tamil. She is fluent both in English and Tamil language.
Other informations about Jayalalitha
Languages known: English, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Hindi and Malayalam
Hobbies: Reading, Music, Agriculture.
Sports: Cricket, Tennis, Swimming, Horse Riding, Basket Ball, Chess, Athletics,
Contact Address of chief minister Jayalalitha
Dr. J. Jayalalitha
81/36, Poes Garden,
Tel. 044-24670215 (R) / 25672345 (O) / 5666 (Sectt.Intercom)
Short profile of Chief Minister Jayalalitha & AIADMK party future plans in 2011
Profile and Biography about complete list of Chief Ministers of Tamilnadu
Profile of Tamil Nadu Chief Minister before Independence 1947
List of actors turned politicians in Tamilnadu
Profile of APJ Abdul Kalam - Pride of Tamilnadu
Biography of central minister of P Chidambaram
Short profile of Tamilnadu Ministers - Jeyalalitha's Council of Ministers
Kamaraj as a political leader in Tamilnadu
Details about Kingmaker of Politics Kumarasami Kamaraj Ex Chief minister of Tamil Nadu
Profile and Biography of Kalaignar Karunanidhi - Tamilnadu Chief minister & DMK party leader
Read related articles:
tamilnadu 2011 MLAs list
tamilnadu minister list 2011
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
Responses to "Profile and biography of Chief Minister Jayalalitha, details about Early life & Political career"
Guest Author: J Mahil Kamalam 14 Oct 2012
I admire the new method of selection of TTC as well BEd teachers. Thank you. But please consider seniority and experience also for HSc and College Teachers. Please. It is an earnest request. Please consider UGC Grant to courses atleast upto the year 1995 or 2000. Please.... When D>A for Govt staff are going on increasing it is pitiable that self-financed staff are not given atleast 50% grant. Please........
Notify me by email when others post comments to this article.
Do not include your name, "with regards" etc in the comment. Write detailed comment, relevant to the topic.
No HTML formatting and links to other web sites are allowed.
This is a strictly moderated site. Absolutely no spam allowed.
to fill automatically.
(Will not be published, but
to validate comment)
Type the numbers and letters shown on the left.
Subscribe to Email
Get Jobs by Email
Forum posts by Email
Articles by Email
Online TSR members
Awards & Gifts
Education in Tamilnadu
Tamilnadu DDE admissions
Last 7 Days
Tamilnadu travel guide
Tamilnadu tourist places
Temples in Tamilnadu
Entertainment in Tamilnadu
Tamil movie online booking
Tamil movie actors
Tamil movie actress
Tamil Guru peyarchi 2015 rasi palan Guru transit Astrology
Poorvika mobile New year and Pongal offer 2015 discount sale
Univercell Mobiles New year offer and Pongal offers 2015
Thirumoorthy hills Udumalpet Tamil nadu
January 2015 New year Tamil Rasi palan Prediction
TSR top 5 performers
Suresh Kumar R
Copyright © SpiderWorks Technologies Pvt Ltd., Kochi, India
All Rights Reserved.