Ingredients to make Kalakala
Maida - 1/4 kg
Egg - 2
Sugar - 200 grms
Caradom powder - 1 tsp
Butter - 2 tsp
oil for deep fry
How to prepare Sweet Kalakala
1. Make dough by adding Maida, Egg, Sugar and Caradom powder. You can add little bit of water to make dough soft.
2. Add butter in to the dough this will make kalakala crspy and makes the dough soft.
3. Roll dough into small small ball, like sapathi balls
4. Make balls of dough in to circle like sapathi (it should be thick )
5. Cut this circle into small squres or some different shapes.
6. Heat a pan with oil and deep fry the squres until it turns brown.
7. Put this kalakala in paper towel to dry and keep it in a air tight container.
Now the tasty Sweet Kalakala ready to serve with coffee or tea.
This kalakala will be nice even for 2 to 3 weeks so keep it in air tight container.
Preparation Tips for Sweet Kalakala
1. We can add some colors like Kesary power to make Colorfull kalakala
2. Egg is added for softness . If you don't want to use Egg you can use Soda (Samayal soda). This will provide softness to the kalakala.
Wow Vathsala mam,
You recall my school days, yes my mom prepart the same.Thats what our old days time pass snacks.Its Best home made snacks insted of buying chips,pufs other oil items from bakerys.
Its take very less time to prepar, even kids can participate to prepare with there parentes(Why parentes soem house husband need to do, just for kiding) and can do it in diffrent shap as per kids imagenation.