How to make Tamilnadu gravy recipe Gobi masala
Cauliflower is available only in certain seasons in Tamilnadu. This is loved by everyone and here is a method to prepare Gobi masala in Tamilnadu style. Learn how to prepare this yummy recipe by reading the article.
Ingredients for making cauliflower masala gravy
Cauliflower – 1 big one
Ginger-Garlic paste - 1 tbsp
Green chilly paste- 1 tsp
Chili powder - 1 tsp
Coriander powder - 1 tsp
Cumin powder - 1/2 tsp
Curd - 1/2 cup
Tomatoes - 2 medium
Onions - 3 medium
Poppy Seeds – 1 tsp
Cashews nuts – 10 nos
Oil - 3/4 cup
Salt to taste
Coriander leaves for garnish
Method to prepare Tamilnadu style Gobi masala
• Wash the cauliflower and cut them into florets. Soak this florets in warm water. Set aside.
• Take oil in a pressure cooker and add the chopped onions and sauté, then add the ginger-garlic paste and green chilly paste and sauté for a while.
• Now add the chopped tomatoes and the coriander and chilly powder along with the salt.
• Cook in a low flame till the oil separates now add the curds and mix well.
• Next add the cauliflower florets and blend everything together. Keep this in a medium flame for 5 minutes.
• Add water and close the cooker wait for 1 whistle.
• Meanwhile make a paste of poppyseeds and cashewnuts in a mixer.
• Now open the pan and add the poppy seed and cashewnut paste and allow to boil for 2 minutes and garnish with coriander leaves.
• The Cauliflower masala gravy is ready to be served with rotis or chapathis.
More articles: tamil recipes