Regional Passport Office in Chennai
The Regional Passport Office (RPO) in Chennai was started in the year 1955 in George Town Chennai. In 1966 it was shifted to Shastri Bhavan in Nungambakkam. Previously there were no Passport offices for the states Kerala, Karnataka, and Andhra Pradesh. So the Passport Office of Madras was the only office governing all these states. But in 1976 new passport offices were started in all the states. The districts which are governed by Chennai Passport Office are as follows:
• Chennai city
Services offered by the Regional Passport Office
1. Issue of passports to Indian citizens
2. Police Clearance Certificate
3. Additional endorsement regarding ECNR
How to obtain a passport from the Passport office
First the person in need of passport should apply to the Passport Office. The application forms should be submitted in any one of the following ways:
• The form can be directly submitted in the counter of the office.
• By post
• Can be submitted to the authorized Travel Agents of the Regional Passport Office of Chennai,
• Can be submitted through authorized Speed Post centers
• Can be submitted in the District Collectorates, and
• Can be submitted in any one of the three centers (Adyar, Anna Nagar and Flower Bazaar) in the office of the Deputy Commissioners of Police in Chennai City.
Online registration for application in Regional Passport office, Chennai
The applicants can avail the facility of online registration for application in Regional Passport office for getting their passports. This facility is of great help to the applicants who no longer need to stand in the queues for applying for a passport. They can thus save their valuable time.
Office timings of Regional Passport Office in Chennai
• Status Enquiry Help Counter: 10.00 a.m. to 12.30 p.m.
• For submission of applications (both normal and tatkal streams): 10.00 a.m. to 01.00 p.m.
• For submission of miscellaneous services: 10.00 a.m. to 12.30 p.m.
• Delivery of passport submitted for miscellaneous services: 02.30 p.m. to 04.30 p.m.
• Delivery of passport (which are promised by the Officers): 04.30 p.m. to 05.30 p.m
Office Address of Passport office
Regional Passport Office
26 Haddows Road
Chennai 600 006
To apply for online registration of passport click the below link: