Resources » Education » Admissions
Indian Maritime University admissions 2011 IMU notification for LLM Maritime Law 2011, Tamilnadu
This resource gives you important details about the Indian Maritime University Chennai admissions
2011 for LLM in Maritime Law. This article covers important details about course structure, course
fees, application form details, eligibility criteria, how to apply for the course and last date of for submission of application form. Read the article below to learn more information about the admission notification issued in Indian Maritime University Chennai, Tamilnadu.
Indian Maritime University admissions 2011 notification
Indian Maritime University Chennai had invited application for LLM Maritime course 2011 for the current academic year 2011-2012. Interested candidates are requested to go through the instructions carefully and apply for the LLM course in Indian Maritime University. Candidates interested in LLM Maritime Law can download the application forms from the university website and can send it through post along with a demand draft of the IMU Registration fees for LLM 2011 prescribed in the prospectus form. Read the article below to know more details on Indian Maritime University admissions 2011 Chennai.
Eligibility criteria for LLM Maritime Law
• A pass in Bachelors degree in Law is required for LLM Maritime Law 2 year program with a minimum of
- 55% marks for General Category and
- 50% marks for SC, ST and differently abled categories.
Course Details and Admission procedure of LLM Maritime Law in Indian Maritime University Chennai, Tamilnadu
• IMU LLM Maritime Law is a two year program consisting of 4 semesters conducted by Indian Maritime University Chennai.
• Selection for LLM Maritime Law is followed in two stages.
1. Candidates has to send the filled in application form before the last date of submission.
2. Selection for LLM is based on the Common Entrance Test (CET) conducted by Indian Maritime University.
• The Common Entrance Test for LLM (Maritime Law) will be held at centers in Chennai, Kochi, Kolkatta, Mumbai, Pune, Bangalore, Hyderabad and Delhi.
• The two year LLM (Maritime Law) course fee is Rs.4,00,000
Course Structure of LLM Maritime Law in Indian Maritime University
• Law and Social Change
• Legal Education and Research Methodology
• International Law of the Sea
• Elective Subject-1
• Judicial Process and Constitutional Interpretation
• Carriage of Goods by Sea
• Admiralty Law
• Elective Subject-2
• Law of Marine Insurance
• Marine Pollution and Legal Control
• International Maritime Arbitration and Conciliation
• Elective Subject-3
• Dissertation and Viva Voce
• Port and Terminal Management
• Admiralty and Maritime Jurisdiction
• Laws on Maritime Safety, Security and Safety of Navigation
• Shipping Business
• Maritime Labour Laws
• Laws on Coastal Shipping, Inland Waters
• Ownership and Registration
• Collision and Safety of Navigation
How to apply for Indian Maritime University admission 2011
• Application forms and prospectus can be taken purchased at selected Indian Bank branches by paying the amount mentioned below.
- Rs.1000 for General category candidates
- Rs.500 for SC, ST and differently abled candidates
• Application form and brochure for LLM Maritime Law can be downloaded at the university website.
• The Demand Draft for Registration fees should be taken in favour of Indian Maritime University and should be payable at Chennai.
• Candidates has the option to visit IMU office and present the demand draft in person to obtain the application form and brochure.
• They can visit any of the various IMU Centers in Chennai, Mumbai, Kolkata, Vizag and Cochin to get the application form.
• Filled in application forms should be sent through an envelope which should be super scribed with "Application form for CET-LLM".
Important dates to remember for Indian Maritime University admission 2011
• IMU application form and prospectus can be downloaded from website from: 21-04-2011
• Filled in application form should reach IMU campus on or before: 27-05-2011
• IMU Common Entrance Test: 19-06-2011 (2 pm to 4 pm)
• CET resut declared on: 27-06-2011
• Counseling for LLM Maritime Law: 11-07-2011
• Date of commencement of LLM Maritime Law course: 01-08-2011
Contact details for Indian Maritime University Chennai
Controller of Examinations
Indian Maritime University
East Coast Road
Chennai - 600119.
Ph: 044 - 24530343/45
Website: IMU admission notification 2011
- Admission notification for B.Tech Marine Engineering 2011 in Indian Maritime Univeristy, Tamilnadu
- TNPESU 2011-2012 admission notification Chennai, Tamilnadu
- Prathyusha Institute of Technology and Management PITAM BE, B Tech, MBA and MCA Admissions 2011
- Directorate of Indian Medicine & Homoepathy Chennai TN BSMS, BAMS, BNYS, BUMS, BHMS Admissions 2011
- DM & MCh Admissions 2012 in Tamilnadu
- IICPT Thanjavur admission notification to B.Tech, M.Tech & Ph.D Courses 2011-2012, Tamilnadu
- Anna University Coimbatore M.E/M.Tech Fee structure & Admission Schedule 2011
- National Institute of Siddha Chennai admission notification to PG in MD (siddha) Degree 2011-2012
- University of Madras latest admission notification to MBA distance education 2011-2012, Tamilnadu
- University of Madras MCA distance education admission notification 2011-2012, Tamilnadu
Read related articles: IMU tamilnadu tamilnadu admissions 2011
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
No responses found. Be the first to respond...