Tamil cooking Recipes Special
Tamil Nadu is famous for delicious food recipes. They are the best in making verities of vegetarian and non-vegetarian food items. The ingredients used in Tamil food give the rich taste. There is no food prepared with out adding coconut. Tamarind and home made chilli powder are used in wide verity of Tamil cooking dish. Generally Tamil people avoid using spicy ingredients like Garam masala which dominates in north Indian food preparation. are a must for almost all vegetarian recipes. A pinch of asafetida is used in all Tamil recipe preparation. In Tamil Nadu, they mostly depend on rice based food verities than wheat. Tamil breakfastand dinner recipes are prepared by using grounded rice and dal.
Preparation of Breakfast Recipes in Tamil cooking
The very famous breakfast or tiffin of Tamilnadu is idly with sambar, Poori with potato, masal dosai, onion dosai and dal vada. Ven Pongal prepared by using raw rice, green gram dal is the unique food prepared in Tamilnadu. People form other states and foreign countries always remember the taste of Pongal prepared in Tamilnadu style. The ingredients cashew nuts, pepper, ghee and cummin seed enrich the taste of this dish. Vegetable uppuma is the other verity of tasty food prepared by using semolina. Side dish used for Breakfast Recipes is tomato and coconut chutney, Pongal and sambar is a good combination for breakfast. Many people living outside Tamilnadu are trying these delicious recipes buying Tamil cooking books.
Preparation of Meals in Tamil cooking
Meals consist of boiled rice with dal, popularly called Tamilnadu sambar. The side dish includes vegetable Porial In addition Rasan, Papads or Appalam and curd added. Deserts prepared here are Kesari and payasam. This sweet recipe is prepared with rice, semiya, green gram dal and milk. Non vegetarian recipes are prepared by following Chettinad style.Chettinad cooking in Tamil Nadu is popular all over India. Special items prepared in chettinad cooking are Chettinad spicy chicken and Chettinad spicy fish curry. Tamil cooking Arusuvai Virunthu (the delicious meal) is served in Banana leaf. This is an ancient custom followed still in Tamilnadu state.
Tamil Cooking Tips
• If put little sugar while making spinach, the colour of the vegetable retain as such even after cooking.
• For preparing meals, Tamil people use many vegetables. They wash the vegetables before cutting.
• While preparing Tamil sambar, add the exact quantity of Tamarind juice. More or less, change the taste of the recipe.
• Collect the excess water in vegetable boiling and dal boiling and use it for the preparation of Tamil Rasam.
• If you put excess salt in sambar, add three pieces of potato to observe the salt.
• While preparing Tamil cooking chicken curry recipe, add very less coconut to get the exact taste.
• In the preparation of Tamil Brahmin cooking recipes, never add onion and garlic.