Education in Tamilnadu
Tamilnadu DDE admissions
Tamilnadu travel guide
Tamilnadu tourist places
Temples in Tamilnadu
Entertainment in Tamilnadu
Tamil movie online booking
Tamil movie actors
Tamil movie actress
Live Thiruvannamalai Maha Karthigai Deepam 2013 at TV channels, Karthigai Deepam Online Streaming
CMC Vellore Medical PG/ Diploma / Fellowship admission notification 2014-2015
Madurai Kamaraj University MSc biotechnology & MSc chemistry admission notification 2013-2014
SRM University associate fellow of industrial health course 2013-2014
Alagappa university Karaikudi latest JRF and SRF notifications November 2013-2014
How to prepare tasty Tamilnadu side dish recipe Vadakari
Posted Date: 19-Apr-2011
: 10 (
This article briefs you about how to prepare the traditional Tamilnadu side dish recipe known as Vadakari. In this resource preparation of vadakari is mentioned in easy and simple steps which can be prepared by all at home. Try this recipe at home and enjoy this side dish with idlis and dosas.
About Tamilnadu side dish recipe vadakari
is a famous Tamilnadu recepie which is frequently used as a side dish in breakfast. The taste of vadakari is good and would make a perfect side dish for idlis and dosas. Couple of extra idli or dosa will go into our stomach when vadakari is the side dish for breakfast. Some people like to mix vadakari with boiled rice and have it in lunch. Either way, vadakari is an important traditional Tamilnadu recepie perpared in all houses in Tamilnadu.
Ingredients for Vada
250 gm - channa dal
1 - onion
6 - red chilli
A small piece of ginger
A sprig of curry leaves
salt to taste
Required oil to fry
Ingredients for curry
2 - Onion
2 - Tomatoes
1 tsp - Mustard seeds
1 tsp - Turmeric powder
2 tsb - Red chilli powder
1 tsp - Ginger garlic paste
3 - Green chillies
2tsp - Red chilli powder
Milk extracted from 1/2 coconut
1 tsp - coriander leaves
1 tsp - Mint leaves
3 - cloves
1 piece - cinnamon stick
Oil as required
salt to taste
How to prepare tasty Tamilnadu side dish recipe VadaKari
1.Channa dal has to be soaked for 3 to 4 hours and then grind coarsely along with red chillies. Add little amount of water as the coarse should come as a thich paste. Care should be taken not to grind to a fine paste.
2. Add little amount of chopped onions and curry leaves to the paste and mix it very well. Then prepare small vadas from the paste and fry it in oil. Avoid deep frying as it will change the taste of vadakari. Crush the vadas with your hands and keep it aside.
3. Pour oil in a kadai and heat the oil along with cloves, cinnamom sticks and the remaining chopped onions. We have to saute the onions in the kadai till it turns light brown color.
4. Add Ginger garlic paste in the kadai and fry it till the smell of raw ginger goes away.
5. To the mixture, chopped tomatoes, coriander powder, red chilli and turmeric powder has to be added. Add little amount of water and mix the mixture very well. Little amount of salt can be added to the mixture. All the ingredients has to be mixed well and has to be cooked in a medium flame for 10 minutes. You can close the kadai with a lid so that the curry is cooked quickly.
6. When the curry is cooked add the crushed vadas to the curry and mix it very well.
7. Add mint leaves and coriander leaves to the curry and cook for couple of minutes in medium flame.
8. When the leaves blend with the curry add coconut milk and boil for around 3 minutes in low flame.
9. Heat little amount of oil in a kadai and add mustard seeds, green chillies and coriander leaves to it. When the ingredients splutter remove it from flame and add it in the vadakari.
10. Serve hot with idlis and dosas.
Tips to prepare the Tamil Recipe Ven Pongal
Tamil Recipe to make Coriander Rice (Malli Satham)
Pakkoda kuruma – A traditional Tamilnadu recipe
How to make Tamilnadu gravy recipe Cauliflower masala gravy
Tamil Recipe to prepare Pundu Satham - Garlic Rice
Pumpkin Halwa - Tamil Sweet/Dessert Recipe
Tamil Style Fish Curry Recipe
Tamil Food Menu Onion Rawa Dosa Recipe
Tamilnadu Festival Diwali sweet Recipes Paruppu Poli Recipe
Tamil Vegetarian Dishes Samayal | Tamil Nadu Vegetable Biryani Recipe
Read related articles:
Tamil curry recipes
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
Responses to "How to prepare tasty Tamilnadu side dish recipe Vadakari"
No responses found. Be the first to respond...
Notify me by email when others post comments to this article.
Do not include your name, "with regards" etc in the comment. Write detailed comment, relevant to the topic.
No HTML formatting and links to other web sites are allowed.
This is a strictly moderated site. Absolutely no spam allowed.
to fill automatically.
(Will not be published, but
to validate comment)
Type the numbers and letters shown on the left.
How to make traditional tamil breakfast recipe Kal dosai?
How to make Tamilnadu Kootu recipe - Cauliflower tomato kootu
Return to Resources
Post New Resource
Post resources and
Tamilnadu Variety Rice Recipe - Coconut milk rice - Brinji sadam - Thengai pal Sadam
How to make Tamilnadu special Rice (Arisi) Payasam
How to make Tamil recipe Mavadu or Baby mango pickle
How to prepare tamil recipe aloevera (Katrazhai) milk - a natural health drink
How to make Tamil Snacks Recipe Vengaya (Onion) Bhajji
Tamil Recipe Banana Baji - Sweet Baji with Banana
Tag posting guidelines
Subscribe to Email
Get Jobs by Email
Forum posts by Email
Articles by Email
Online TSR members
Awards & Gifts
Last 7 Days
TSR top 5 performers
Copyright © SpiderWorks Technologies Pvt Ltd., Kochi, India
All Rights Reserved.