Tamil breakfast recipe Kal dosai
Get to know the preparation method of Kal dosai. This Kal dosai is very soft and spongy and you will love the taste of it.
Ingredients required for Tamil breakfast recipe Kal dosai
Parboiled Rice - 1
Raw Rice - 2
Urud Dal - 1
Fenugreek Seeds - 1/2 tsp
Method for Tamil breakfast recipe Kal dosai
1. Clean both the rice varieties and the urud dal.
2. Soak the rice and dal together in water for 4 hours.
3. After 4 hours grind this to a smooth paste and allow it to ferment overnight or for atleast 6 to 8 hrs.
4. Heat the dosa tawa and pour a ladleful of batter and spread it as you do for dosas, but it should not be very thin in consistency.
5. Sprinkle little oil on and around the dosa and cover with a lid.
6. Allow to stand in medium flame and cook for 2 minutess.
7. Remove the lid, you can see nice holes in the dosa. This Kal dosai should be cooked only on one side.
Kal dosai will be very soft and tasty than the normal dosas. Serve the dosas with Chutney or Sambar.