Tamilnadu special Rice (Arisi) Payasam
Rice payasam is a traditional sweet recipe of Tamilnadu prepared on the day of any special occassions. The taste of this can never be compared with anything. Try this delicious arisi payasam and enjoy the traditional taste of Tamilnadu.
Ingredients for making Tamilnadu special Rice Payasam
1 cup raw rice
1 cup grated jaggery
1 cup water
1 litre milk
1/2 tsp cardamom powder
1 tbsp ghee
1 tbsp raisins
Method for making Tamilnadu special Rice Payasam
1. Take 1 tbsp of ghee in a pan, add the cashewnuts and raisins till it becomes golden brown in color.
2. Transfer the nuts to a plate.
3. Next add the grated jaggery with little amount of water to the pan and stir till the jaggery melts, keep the stove in a very low flame. Keep this aside.
4. In a heavy bottomed vessel allow the milk to boil, then add the rice and cook till it becomes soft.
5. Stir the milk so that it never sticks to the bottom and cook till you get a thick consistency.
6. Now add the jaggery mixture already prepared and stir well so that both of them gets blended well.
7. Add the roasted nuts and cardamom powder.
8. Now the rice payasam is ready to be served either warm or chill.
The tips and preparation method of Arisi payasam is good and it will be more tasty. I hope this payasam is good for health and the children also like more this one.