Culture and Festivals
How to make Tamilnadu special Rice (Arisi) Payasam
Posted Date: 18-Apr-2011
: 6 (
This resource is about how to make Tamilnadu special Rice Payasam. This rice payasam is a special dessert made on all Tamilnadu festivals. Read the article to know the preparation of rice payasam.
Tamilnadu special Rice (Arisi) Payasam
is a traditional sweet recipe of Tamilnadu prepared on the day of any special occassions. The taste of this can never be compared with anything. Try this delicious
and enjoy the traditional taste of Tamilnadu.
Ingredients for making Tamilnadu special Rice Payasam
1 cup raw rice
1 cup grated jaggery
1 cup water
1 litre milk
1/2 tsp cardamom powder
1 tbsp ghee
1 tbsp raisins
Method for making Tamilnadu special Rice Payasam
1. Take 1 tbsp of ghee in a pan, add the cashewnuts and raisins till it becomes golden brown in color.
2. Transfer the nuts to a plate.
3. Next add the grated jaggery with little amount of water to the pan and stir till the jaggery melts, keep the stove in a very low flame. Keep this aside.
4. In a heavy bottomed vessel allow the milk to boil, then add the rice and cook till it becomes soft.
5. Stir the milk so that it never sticks to the bottom and cook till you get a thick consistency.
6. Now add the jaggery mixture already prepared and stir well so that both of them gets blended well.
7. Add the roasted nuts and cardamom powder.
8. Now the rice payasam is ready to be served either warm or chill.
Tips to prepare the Tamil Recipe Ven Pongal
Tamil Recipe to make Coriander Rice (Malli Satham)
Pakkoda kuruma – A traditional Tamilnadu recipe
How to make Tamilnadu gravy recipe Cauliflower masala gravy
Tamil Recipe to prepare Pundu Satham - Garlic Rice
Pumpkin Halwa - Tamil Sweet/Dessert Recipe
Tamil Style Fish Curry Recipe
Tamil Food Menu Onion Rawa Dosa Recipe
Tamilnadu Festival Diwali sweet Recipes Paruppu Poli Recipe
Tamil Vegetarian Dishes Samayal | Tamil Nadu Vegetable Biryani Recipe
Read related articles:
Tamil special recipes
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
Responses to "How to make Tamilnadu special Rice (Arisi) Payasam"
19 Apr 2011
The tips and preparation method of Arisi payasam is good and it will be more tasty. I hope this payasam is good for health and the children also like more this one.
Notify me by email when others post comments to this article.
Do not include your name, "with regards" etc in the comment. Write detailed comment, relevant to the topic.
No HTML formatting and links to other web sites are allowed.
This is a strictly moderated site. Absolutely no spam allowed.
to fill automatically.
(Will not be published, but
to validate comment)
Type the numbers and letters shown on the left.
Subscribe to Email
Get Jobs by Email
Forum posts by Email
Articles by Email
Online TSR members
Awards & Gifts
Education in Tamilnadu
Tamilnadu DDE admissions
Last 7 Days
Tamilnadu travel guide
Tamilnadu tourist places
Temples in Tamilnadu
Entertainment in Tamilnadu
Tamil movie online booking
Tamil movie actors
Tamil movie actress
Indian Super League-Football league in India
Tamil nadu 12 Result 2014 and What to do after Higher secondary Exam
Summer Camps in Tamilnadu Courses and Activities 2014
SSLC Examination Timetable and Timings.
Tamilnadu SLET Exam 2014 State Eligibility Test Notification
TSR top 5 performers
Copyright © SpiderWorks Technologies Pvt Ltd., Kochi, India
All Rights Reserved.