Tamil Snacks Recipe Vengaya Bhajji
Bhajji is a popular evening time snack in Tamilnadu. This is prepared with Bengalgram flour and onion slices. Try this tasty and yummy bhajji recipe in your kitchen.
Ingredients for making Tamil Snacks Recipe Vengaya Bhajji
Bengalgram dal flour (kadalai maavu)– 2 cups
Rice flour- 2 tbsp
Water- ½ cup
Chilly powder- 3 tsps.
A pinch of hing
Crushed ajwain (omam)- 1 tsp. (optional)
Cooking soda- 1/2tsp.
Salt as required
Oil for frying
Method for making Tamil Snacks Recipe Vengaya Bhajji
1. Cut the onions into thin round slices.
2. Take a bowl and mix together the chilly powder, rice flour, bengalgram dal flour, omam, hing, cooking soda with required amount of water to get a thick coating consistency.
3. Heat oil in a kadai, dip the onion slices in the above batter (see that the slice gets coated fully) and drop this in the hot oil.
4. Fry till you get a golden brown color on both sides.
5. Remove the onion bhajjis from oil and leave it on a tissue paper for absorbing oil.
6. Serve the sizzling hot onion bhajji with tomato ketchup or any chutney of your choice.
Variations in preparation of bhajjis
You can substitute any vegetable of your choice in the place of onion. You can prepare a variety of bhajjis such as potato bhajji, capsicum or milagai bhajji, brinjal bhajji, vazhaikai or plantain bhajji, etc.
Bread bhajji: Divide the bread slices into 2 and dip the piece in the above batter and prepare in the same way. Tasty bread bhajji is ready.