Pakkoda Kuruma – A Traditional Tamilnadu Recipe
Pakkoda kuruma is a very tasty gravy recipe of Tamilnadu. This is made during the time of deepavalli which suits well for idli. The pakkodas can also be eaten as such and is good for growing children. Try this traditional Tamilnadu recipe Pakkoda kuruma
Ingredients for making pakkoda reguired for pakkoda kuruma
Channa dhal -1/2 cup
Fennel seed-1 teaspoon
Salt as required
Items for grinding
Kas kas-1 tsp
Ingredients for making the gravy for pakkoda kuruma
Onion - 1
Coriander powder-1 tbsp
Sambar powder-1 tbsp
A sprig of curry leaf
A bunch of coriander leaves
Procedure for making Tamilnadu Recipe Pakkoda Kuruma
How to make Pakkodas for pakkoda kuruma:
1. Soak the items given under the ingredients for making pakoda for 20 minutes and grind it in the mixie adding little water.
2. Take oil in a kadai and drop the grinded mixture into small balls and fry till golden brown. Fry all the mixture into pakodas.
Method for making pakkoda kuruma gravy:
3. Take oil in a pan and add all the items given for seasoning.
4. Next add the chopped onion, tomato and garlic pieces and sauté till everything gets blended.
5. Now add the sambar powder, turmeric powder, salt and coriander powder and sauté till the raw smell disappears.
6. Add the required amount of water and close the pan cook for 5 to 10 minutes.
7. Next add the grinded coconut mixture into the gravy and cook for about 5 minutes.
8. The gravy should not be too thick, i.e. it should be in the consistency of water because the pakkoda will absorb water.
Now add the prepared pakkodas into the gravy and allow the gravy to boil for a minute and then switch off the stove. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve this traditional pakkoda kuruma hot with idli, dosa, iddiappam, appam, chappati, poori or rice.
More articles: Tamil recipes