Chettinad Special Paruppu Thuvayal
Paruppu thuvayal is a traditional dish of the Chettinad. This thuvayal is good for health because it is made of moong dal. This paruppu thuvayal is easily digestible and can be served with Rasam rice or kanji as a side dish to anyone who is suffering from fever. Enjoy the taste of Chettinad food in your house.
Ingredients for making Chettinad Special Paruppu Thuvayal
Moong dhal -1/2 cup
Grated coconut- 3 tbsp
Procedure for Chettinad Special Paruppu Thuvayal
1. Take oil in a kadai and fry the red chillies.
2. Then add the moong dhal and roast it the dhal turns golden in color.
3. After the mixture cools grind the dhal and chilies with coconut and salt adding little water.
4. Add the garlic at the last and grind once so that the garlic breaks into small pieces.
5. This thuvayal does not require seasoning.
More articles: Tamil recipes