Tamil Gravy Recipe Kondai Kadalai Kuzhambu
Kondai Kadalai Kuzhambu is a traditional spicy gravy variety, good for people who need high calorie and protein. This food is particularly good for growing children, pregnant women and feeding mothers because of it energy content. Read this article to know the method of cooking Channa Masala Gravy of South India.
Ingredients for Tamil Gravy Recipe Kondai Kadalai Kuzhambu /Channa Masala Gravy
1. Kondai kadalai - 1 cup
2. Onion - 2
3. Tomato - 2
4. Green chilly - 1
5. A sprig of Curry leaves
6. Tamarind juice - 1/4 cup,
7. Salt as required
8. Oil - for frying
1. Grated Coconut - 1/2 cup
2. Pepper - 1 tsp,
3. Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
4. Red chilly powder - 1 tsp
5. Coriander powder - 2 tsp
6. Sambar powder - 1 tsp
7. Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
8. Small onions - 3
9. Tomato - 1/2
10. Coriander leaves for garnish.
1. Mustard seeds - 1 tsp,
2. Fenugreek seeds - 1 tsp.
Preparation of Tamil Gravy Recipe Kondai Kadalai Kuzhambu /Channa Masala Gravy
1. Soak the chick peas/ kondai kadalai overnight.
2. Grind all the ingredients given under grinding into a smooth paste.
3. Take oil in pressure cooker add the ingredients under seasoning.
4. Now add the finely chopped onions, tomatoes, green chilly, curry leaves and saute well.
5. Now add the grounded paste to the above mixture followed by the soaked chick peas and salt and saute for 3 to 5 mins.
6. Now add the tamarind juice to the above.
7. Cover and cook till 4 whistles.
8. Open when the steam is fully released and stir the curry well and garnish with coriander leaves.
More articles: Tamil recipes