A Short Description About Tamil Recipe Chettinad Vendakkai Morkuzhambu
Morkuzhambu is a traditional Chettinad cuisine. Chettinad food is very famous because the traditional chettinad food is made using less oil, less spices and so it is harmless to the stomach. The " Morkuzhambu" is widely regarded as the best tasting Chettinad Side Dish. This curry goes well with rice and is popular among the south India. This is good for summer season and is also loved by people who do not like curd. The best suited vegetables for morkuzhambu are Vendakkai and poosanikkai.
Ingredients required for Tamil Recipe Chettinad Vendakkai Morkuzhambu
Onion – 1 medium sized
Curd – 2 cups
Corriander seeds - 1 tbsp
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Gram dhal - 1 tbsp
Red chillies - 2
Green chillies - 2
Ginger-a very small piece
Grated coconut - 2 tbsp
Coconut oil - 1 tsp
Red chillies - 2
Mustard seed - 1 tsp
A sprig of Curry leaves
Procedure for making Tamil Recipe Chettinad Vendakkai Morkuzhambu
1. Soak the ingredients given under to grind for 20 minutes and then grind it in a mixer to a smooth paste using little water.
2. Take the curd in a mixie and beat with little salt and turmeric powder. Add a cup of water to this curd and set aside.
3. Cut the ladies finger into small pieces.
4. Heat coconut oil in the kadai, saute the finely chopped onions and then add the ladies finger pieces and fry well for 5 minutes.
5. Add water and cook the pieces till they are soft. Next add the ground masala along with the required amount of salt.
6. When this mixture starts to boil, add the curd and switch off the stove within 2 minutes.
7. Season the morkuzhambu in cocunut oil with the items given under to season and pour this on the top.
8. Garnish with coriander leaves.
9. Enjoy this Tamil Recipe Vendakkai Morkuzhambu with white rice and pickle.
More articles: Tamil recipes