Overseas education consultants and agents in Tamil Nadu
Do you have a dream of studying abroad in colleges and universities of international repute? Need guidance and help in doing your admission in foreign colleges? Check out
study abroad consultants in Tamil Nadu
Culture and Festivals
How to cook Rice in a Pressure Cooker
: 7 (
This article helps the beginners to cook rice in a perfect way. The best and simple way of cooking rice is by using the pressure cooker. Get to know the method of cooking basmati rice, ponni raw rice and ponni boiled rice.
In this resource I have given you few tips for cooking rice perfectly.
Ratio of water to rice in pressure cooker
The ratio differs for each variety of rice. For an adult 1 cup of rice is more than enough. Usually we use measuring cups (azhaakku in tamil) for cooking rice. The following list will help you to know the ratios of different varieties of rice to water.
1. Basmati rice: 1 cup of rice requires 1 ½ cups of water.
2. Ponni raw rice (Ponni pacharisi): 1 cup of rice requires 2 cups of water.
3. Ponni boiled rice (pulunghal): 1 cup of rice requires 3 cups of water.
Method for cooking rice in pressure cooker
1. Take a cooker, add 1 cup of water in the cooker. Then place the plate inside the cooker.
2. Take the required amount of rice and wash well with water. Add the washed rice to a vessel along with required quantity of water. Keep this inside the cooker above the plate.
3. Next fit the rubber gasket inside the cooker lid (keep the rubber gasket inside the freezer when not in use).
4. Close the cooker with the lid and place it on the stove.
5. Wait for 5 minutes and then put the weight when you see the steam.
6. When the rice is cooked you will get a whistle. Wait for 3 whistles for raw rice and 4 whistles for boiled rice. This is because of the difference in the variety and the amount of water taken.
7. When you are using basmati rice follow the first 4 steps. After this reduce the flame, simmer the stove. Wait for 12 to 14 minutes and then switch off the stove.
8. Open the cooker after the pressure is released.
Now your rice is ready to be served with sambhar, rasam or gravy.
Tips to prepare the Tamil Recipe Ven Pongal
Tamil Recipe to make Coriander Rice (Malli Satham)
Pakkoda kuruma – A traditional Tamilnadu recipe
How to make Tamilnadu gravy recipe Cauliflower masala gravy
Tamil Recipe to prepare Pundu Satham - Garlic Rice
Pumpkin Halwa - Tamil Sweet/Dessert Recipe
Tamil Style Fish Curry Recipe
Tamil Food Menu Onion Rawa Dosa Recipe
Tamilnadu Festival Diwali sweet Recipes Paruppu Poli Recipe
Tamil Vegetarian Dishes Samayal | Tamil Nadu Vegetable Biryani Recipe
Read related articles:
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
Responses to "How to cook Rice in a Pressure Cooker"
No responses found. Be the first to respond...
Notify me by email when others post comments to this article.
Do not include your name, "with regards" etc in the comment. Write detailed comment, relevant to the topic.
No HTML formatting and links to other web sites are allowed.
This is a strictly moderated site. Absolutely no spam allowed.
to fill automatically.
(Will not be published, but
to validate comment)
Type the numbers and letters shown on the left.
Subscribe to Email
Get Jobs by Email
Forum posts by Email
Articles by Email
Education in Tamilnadu
Tamilnadu DDE admissions
Tamilnadu travel guide
Tamilnadu tourist places
Temples in Tamilnadu
Entertainment in Tamilnadu
Tamil movie online booking
Tamil movie actors
Tamil movie actress
Tamil Guru peyarchi 2015 rasi palan Guru transit Astrology
Poorvika mobile New year and Pongal offer 2015 discount sale
Univercell Mobiles New year offer and Pongal offers 2015
Thirumoorthy hills Udumalpet Tamil nadu
January 2015 New year Tamil Rasi palan Prediction
Copyright © SpiderWorks Technologies Pvt Ltd., Kochi, India
All Rights Reserved.